My 60 year Diaversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

C&E Guy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Today I received my Lawrence Medal for 60 years as a Type 1. The anniversary is actually tomorrow.

Never dreamed it was possible.

I reckon that, in that time, I must have had over 11.5 million units of insulin. I started on one injection a day of 40 unit insulin. After 10 years, I started two injections a day. I moved to 100 strength in the early 80s. Today, I am on 4 injections per day of three different types of insulin.

I keep reasonably good health, although I also have MS which affects my mobility.

Wow! Many congratulations on your wonderful Diaversary achievement for tomorrow. A medal well earned me thinks!

That's terrific, congratulations. Boy, you've seen some changes, when I was diagnosed they were still giving out those grim glass syringes with needles that were sent off to be resharpened, fortunately the plastic ones had been introduced and were being used in the hospital, I was so pleased when I could get them on prescription, I hate to think what you had to endure, now look where we are.

I didn't know there was a medal to be had, but I only have 42 years in.

Last edited:
Congratulations @C&E Guy. Wow what an achievement - especially with how life used to be like with diabetes. Well done.
I'm already counting the days down to my 60th anniversary but still have seven years to go 🙂

Fantastic!

Here's hoping it's a *really big* medal - you deserve it. 🙂

Congratulations @C&E Guy - inspiring stuff!

I didn't know there was a medal to be had, but I only have 42 years in.

I think DUK’s Nabarro medals start at 50 years?

Congratulton!

I meant to type 'Congratulations...'

Was my 50th 2 years ago - I never bothered writing off to DUK since there's no-one alive now except me that remembers exactly when it was - and I have no actual evidence!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back