my 3 month check up 2day very nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.

traceycat

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
just about to leave the house to go for my first 3 month check up with my nurse an feeling very nervous. woke up this morning an my levels were 7.5 then an hour after having 1 slice of toast i was 10.4. ive also been feeling abit down the past 2 weeks an cant seem to get motavated to do anything anymore. i just hope things go ok today.

good luck tracy ..let us know how you get on x🙂

I hope that things go well for you today x

Hi Tracey how did it go? Hope all went well.

How did things go? I hope you got good news and positive feedback.

hi everyone, sorry im only replying back now, decided to make a day of it an go shopping with my daughter.
regards the clinic today, it didnt go to bad although i didnt think she was has helpfull as on my first visit, its as if she thought well your diabete 3 months now so you should know every thing, well i dont, im learning though by being apart of this forum 🙂 she took my hba1c bloods which i ring for results tomorrow or monday, she didnt actulay say when. also got my cholestrol bloods done to check has it came down as i was put on tablets for that last month, i will get those results when i ring about the other. she just ask me how i was getting on an i told her the last cppl week have been pretty bad for me because i cant keep motimated but she just said everyone gets like that an so long as i get back on track not to worry which i know is true. ask how my diet was an told the thurth that i have stayed away from chocolate, biscuits, crisps an all sugary stuff but confessed that i still do eat takeaways quite often an she said this wasnt to bad to do except that it would not help with my weight, i dont agree with her there, i think the takeaways will harm me an i realy want to cut them down. she took my blood pressure which thankfully has come down from 140/90 to 130/85. also found out my first hba1c results but only because i ask her to write them down an she was kind enough to give me a dairy to write everything in. it was 8.4% after dignoses,an my chorestrol was 7.27 so i hope when i ring for results these will be down. weight me an was happy to learn ive lost 1st 5lb 🙂. done a pee in foil tray an told i could go on when im done an just leave the tray in the toliet an she would get it. she didnt tell me if an when i had to see her again an i didnt like to ask so i just went on my way. sorry for the long story, hadnt realized id wrote so much. 🙂 xxx

Hi Tracey, sounds good and I hope that your tests show that you have been able to reduce your numbers. I've learned that you need to try and be assertive with the people you see, so don't be afraid to ask anything if they don't make it clear what is going to happen. They probably know the answers, so let them get the pleasure of sharing their knowledge! 🙂

Hoep things go well, please keep us informed of the results! 🙂

wooo well done with the wieght loss i reckon you'll be well pleased when you get your HbA1c result as well ....my colestrol was 5.9 last and ive to get it down further but hey this isnt instant.... one thing at a time ...well done x let us know how the results go next week xx🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back