My 1st Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

cazscot

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I will be officially diabetic for a year on the 18th... Will be celebrating or should that be comiserating with the guys and gals down in Birimingham :D.

I sometimes feel like a fraud as I am well controled and my first HbA1c was "only" 7.1 so just past diagnostic criteria...

It has been an eventfull year, I am much more aware of what food I put in my mouth, have lost weight and do lots of exercise. I have, on the whole, been taken good care of by my practice nurse. My main moan is not getting prescribed enough test strips but we wont get into that again...

I came home from the nurse, googled and within an hour of diagnosis I had found you lot 😱. Dont know what I would have done without all the help and support I have got from there in the past year. Well I do but lets not go there LOL 🙄.

Anyway, thanks again for being here for me though my first year and heres looking to the next year! xxx

Hi Carol i had your anniversary down on my calender as i knew it was coming up, i think you are spending the day in the best place not the pub of course but i mean amongst the ones who know what your going through the most...For many of us finding this place was the best thing ever and I know since you have joined i consider you as a good freind.

Its been a pleasure knowing you in this first year and may the next years bring us all closer together xx

p.s i was'nt sure to congratulate you or not.

Well now should that be congratulations or commiserations? Whatever it is you are doing great and I wish I'd found this place much sooner.😉

What a year Carol, what a year! You've been such a great friend here, so thank YOU for all you have done for us 🙂 Sorry you had to come looking for us in the first place, but it's a great community of people, whatever it was that brought us together 🙂

Last edited:
Hope you have many more years to come with such great control!🙂 Toby.

Congrats Carol! Hope next year is just as good for you 🙂

Emma
xxx

Carol

What a year for you! You are a transformed woman and such a good friend.
Have a fabulous weekend with all the lovely people and once again really sorry I can't be there to enjoy it with you.

Keep going with all your good work and thanks for all the support you offer.

You'll continue to do OK Carol - I have no doubts about that!

You aren't a fraud! You have diabetes and you've sorted it all out much quicker than I did. Well done!

Best wishes - John

As John says, a fraud you are not! You're someone who has worked hard to get the results that you have. 🙂

Anyway, I hope that you'll share many more of your anniversaries with us here!

Best wishes,

Andy

You're not a fraud, you have worked hard to get where you are. Think of the things you have improved like your diet. While none of us wants to be diabetic, I think we are all more aware of how our bodies work and the effects food has on us, so that is a big plus.

Carol - you're not a fraud, just a well controlled diabetic which is what it's all about. You should be really encouraged by the progress you've made. If you were to be given a diabetic report card, you'd be close to 10/10 :D

Carol - you're not a fraud, just a well controlled diabetic which is what it's all about. You should be really encouraged by the progress you've made. If you were to be given a diabetic report card, you'd be close to 10/10 :D
Cliff - Yours is a great success story too - very similar to Carol's according to both your signatures. It really is quite wonderful to see other people with diabetes learn much more quickly than I did - especially the Type 2s who I see achieve so much with a few dietary changes.

Keep on going!

Best wishes - John

I'm afraid not John. I prefer the power of diet to the power of prayer, but whatever floats your boat :D

you have worked hard to get were you are carol so well done hun you realy are an inspiration to us all. you have been a good friend to me since ive joined. 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back