Music to relax to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedford 1

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
What is your favourite music to listen to and take away the cares and worries of the day? My favourite music is from the 1930s -1940s. Big Vera Lynn fan. Find it the best way to relax.

Hmm, interesting question.

For me some Dvorak, Rachmaninov, Beethoven, Tchaikowsky, Schumman, Berlioz, Mahler, Scostakovich, Vaughan Williams, Holst, Smetana and a few others

Most haunting... Vaughan Williams, Shostakovich
Most relaxing... Dvorak, Smetana
Most unsettling... Tchaikowsky, Mahler
Most well balanced, feels 'right'... Beethoven
Most Boring...Hmmm I'll have to give that some deeper thought

A lot of stuff. Prog rock quite a bit (Currently listening the Yes's Drama album, thinking of Marillion next), European/British Jazz (GoGo Penguin; EST as examples). Electronic music such as the Orb. Avant garde stuff from Italy (The Group). Avant garde from the US (Art Ensemble of Chicago) and sometimes The Modern Jazz Quartet.

Currently listening to Hawkwind.

What is your favourite music to listen to and take away the cares and worries of the day? My favourite music is from the 1930s -1940s. Big Vera Lynn fan. Find it the best way to relax.
Hi, my mum was into that sort of stuff. A child during a war. Optimistic theatrical “poppy” tunes of the day. Catchy. What we call nowadays an “ear worm.”

Cheesy, when I was a kid/teen. However. After revisiting “Dame Vera.” I can understand she was a great vocalist.

My musical tastes are different with regards to what chills me out.

She did have a reassuring coherent voice. No matter what she sung.

Currently chilling to the Future Sound of London.

Folk rock (eg Fairport Convention et al), prog rock (everything but particularly Jethro Tull), most classical. Anything which has non-obvious chord progressions ie more than tonic dominant, sub-dominant, just because I love trying to work them out in my head without resorting to the piano. It's over 4 decades since I studied music so it can be a bit tricky sometimes, but I do actually find it really relaxing.

Folk rock (eg Fairport Convention et al), prog rock (everything but particularly Jethro Tull), most classical. Anything which has non-obvious chord progressions ie more than tonic dominant, sub-dominant, just because I love trying to work them out in my head without resorting to the piano. It's over 4 decades since I studied music so it can be a bit tricky sometimes, but I do actually find it really relaxing.

I love Jethro Tull, my favourite band. Have a huge collection of their stuff! A few years ago they did a Xmas gig in Coventry Cathedral which was fabulous. Looking forward to the new record coming out this month! Used to go and see them almost every year.

Fairport are up there as my favourites as well. Went to see them a few months back in Solihull. They were excellent.

I love Jethro Tull, my favourite band. Have a huge collection of their stuff! A few years ago they did a Xmas gig in Coventry Cathedral which was fabulous. Looking forward to the new record coming out this month! Used to go and see them almost every year.

Fairport are up there as my favourites as well. Went to see them a few months back in Solihull. They were excellent.
We were at Coventry too! Saw fairport in Feb in Peniston, we do the once a year. Small world!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back