Mushy peas v garden peas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vonny

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
We're currently in Whitby and we went to our favourite cafe here, the Humble Pie and Mash Shop. Since I haven't had pie for well over 18 months I thought I (and particularly my partner who has also done without pie in that time!) deserved a pie!. I just had pie and peas without the mash. As there was a choice of garden or mushy peas I quickly googled the carb content and was astonished to find that while garden peas had 8g of carb, mushy peas had 28g of carbs! 😱😱😱 Needless to say I stuck with the garden peas and pinched a small forkful of mash off my partner 😉
Tomorrow it will be fish and half a dozen chips at The Magpie. Luckily I haven't brought my bathroom scales with me! Back home on Thursday and a return to my broccoli, watercress and spinach soup, but I'm determined to enjoy this little holiday :D

When making “mushy peas” at home, I blend the peas with a potato to give them the creamy texture. I also add fresh mint.

A little treat every once in a while won't hurt especially of you walk it off after. Have a nice break.

We're currently in Whitby and we went to our favourite cafe here, the Humble Pie and Mash Shop. Since I haven't had pie for well over 18 months I thought I (and particularly my partner who has also done without pie in that time!) deserved a pie!. I just had pie and peas without the mash. As there was a choice of garden or mushy peas I quickly googled the carb content and was astonished to find that while garden peas had 8g of carb, mushy peas had 28g of carbs! 😱😱😱 Needless to say I stuck with the garden peas and pinched a small forkful of mash off my partner 😉
Tomorrow it will be fish and half a dozen chips at The Magpie. Luckily I haven't brought my bathroom scales with me! Back home on Thursday and a return to my broccoli, watercress and spinach soup, but I'm determined to enjoy this little holiday :D
I was in Whitby too today!! And passed a huge queue at The Magpie. Googled it to see why ...enjoy 🙂 I'm also dodging the scales but will be right back on it!

Over 60 years ago we used to go to Whitby on holiday and rent a cottage in Tin Gaunt - it looked straight onto the sea shore and had heavy shutters so the windows were not smashed by the waves.
Several times whilst we were there there were storms, and the harbour would be full of boats, wall to wall taking shelter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back