Muscle Storage Ability - What does it mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny65

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
When I started my journey and was newley diagnosed my muscle storage ability was 1 (low) now I notice it is 3 (normal) what does this mean and is there any significance/link to diabetes and a low car diet, If it goes to 5 (high) is that good or is it like blood pressure, that too low or too high is a problem.

I googled but didnt really understand except it is linked to glycogen storage in the muscles, so if I have 3 does that mean I have more or less glycogen in my muscles compared to when I was 1. I cant work out if the word ability means available in other words i have used up a lot of glycogen and can make way for more to be stored.

Any help with understanding this is appreciated

Hmm, how are you getting those results?

Seems to me this is more for athletes than anything else...?

Yes I'm curious, like @Kreator, as to where you've got these figures from and who has told you what your muscle storage ability is and why they haven't explained it? In over 30 years of diabetes no one has ever mentioned it to me.

Smart scales?
It's good thing.
It means your muscles are more capable of storing glycogen.
So, hopefully a combination of better muscle mass, less internal fat, and decreased insulin resistance.
Good result, you're doing well!

Smart scales?
It's good thing.
It means your muscles are more capable of storing glycogen.
So, hopefully a combination of better muscle mass, less internal fat, and decreased insulin resistance.
Good result, you're doing well!
This is good news, thank you for this information. I hoped it was something along those lines, so with that in mind if it were to go higher would that be better or should I aim to keep it where it is? I am not sure how reliable body composition scales are. I also notice it has calculated my metabolic age as lower than when I started. I am in real life 57 but in July it told me I was 65, it now says 61 so need to get closer to my real age this year, although I will be 58 in March so if the scales come down a bit as my birthday approaches it will all be good 🙂

This is good news, thank you for this information. I hoped it was something along those lines, so with that in mind if it were to go higher would that be better or should I aim to keep it where it is? I am not sure how reliable body composition scales are. I also notice it has calculated my metabolic age as lower than when I started. I am in real life 57 but in July it told me I was 65, it now says 61 so need to get closer to my real age this year, although I will be 58 in March so if the scales come down a bit as my birthday approaches it will all be good 🙂

Unless you do a lot of sports or exercise, normal sounds fine.
And storing high levels of glycogen would be harder if you aren't carbing up before sports anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back