Muscle loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primbobell

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I found out last week I have type2
I new I wasnt right for months sleeping a lot no energy ...I also noticed muscle loss ..as my jeans didn't fit right in the legs ..iam pretty slim as it is .
It did scare me tbh as I ate a lot ..and couldn't understand why I looked thinner..
How can I build muscle loss up
Thanks

Welcome to the forum
Can I ask what your HbA1C is that has led to your diagnosis as that will be a guide as to how much work you need to do, however if you have lost weight and you have been eating then that and your other symptoms may be an indicator for Type 1 or LADA.
There are tests that you could ask for to rule that out, those being C-peptide and GAD antibodies.
Have you been given any medication or dietary advice from your GP.
In order to manage blood glucose then reduction in carbohydrates is needed but you need to compensate by having protein and healthy fats.

I have just seen on your other thread that you said you had a fasting blood test, was that just a finger prick or a sample from the arm and sent to the lab as that would be for the HbA1C. what was the result you got from that test.
This link may be useful to you. https://lowcarbfreshwell.co.uk/

Last edited:
It was a blood test out the arm ..
Apparently my sugar levels was very high ..she mentioned 50 ..hope I not sounding thick its all new to me ..
I waiting on a referral to the diabetic clinic ..
I googling everything at the min my brain is zapped I currently started metformin 1000mg a day

It was a blood test out the arm ..
Apparently my sugar levels was very high ..she mentioned 50 ..hope I not sounding thick its all new to me ..
I waiting on a referral to the diabetic clinic ..
I googling everything at the min my brain is zapped I currently started metformin 1000mg a day
The threshold for a diabetes diagnosis is 48mmol/mol so if it is in the 50ies then it is not desperately high so some dietary changes should improve things. Metformin is usually started at a low dose to begin with as it can cause some digestive upset in some people. Hopefully you will be OK.
There are may experience people here so do ask any questions you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back