Mum's/Dad's/Carer's groups in Devon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince13

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
My step-daughter works for Devon County Council as a Special Needs Advisor and writes a newsletter which is issued around the Devon area to let parents/carers know what advice/help etc is available through the Council forthose with special needs children. I asked her recently how she gets notice of such groups and she says they tend not to come to her, she has to find out about them and then put their details in her newsletter.

When I said I knew there were groups of parents/carers on this Forum supporting each other and (I think if I've read some of the threads correctly) getting together for mutual interest and support she asked if I knew of any in the Devon area she could publicise. She had not thought of a Diabetic link before and was very interested in extending the newsletter in this direction too.

Please do any of you out there know of anyone organising such events/groups whom she could contact in this regard in Devon ? I'd be really grateful for any tips so I could pass the information on to Cathy.

Faith.

Hi Faith

Don't know if you've tried this http://www.diabetes.org.uk/In_Your_Area/

You enter any postcodes and it will tell you where the nearest support groups are.

I'm the secretary for the local support group for Herts and Essex (affiliated to DUK) so if she needs any more info just shout 🙂

Thank you both, I've passed those details on to Cathy and hope she can use them to mention a Diabetes link in her next newsletter. I knew you'd come up with an answer for me !! Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back