Mum's cake with stevia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeTurin

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have a problem, an odd problem, and maybe it's a wee off-topic.

I have a cake made with stevia by my mum that due a transportation mishap is totally crumbled up as in a mount of crumbles. The crumbles are quite tasty too. It's a dry cake made wit almond and integral flour, nuts, cocoa.

What could I do with it?

1. Toss in the bin, and forget about it, say to mum that was very good and forget about it.
  2. Use as corn flakes substitute in milk or yoghurt. Tried it but isn't really a good option
  3. Eat the crumbles as is
  4. Add pectin (or a mashed apple), skimmed milk and eggs to the crumbles and rebake the cake
  5. Add eggs and butter and make a cheesecake base
  6. make something and try a truffles
Any other cooking idea?

"Jim, I am an engineer, not a cook"

How has ended.
I've read about and I did like this. The bigger pieces were put in a jar and will be used as biscuits in the tea.
I took the crumbs and smaller pieces and finely minced with the Moulinette that normally I use for mince the meat to eat raw or making hamburgers, adding some squares of 99% chocolate and a teaspoon of E410 (locust bean gum) and a teaspoon of E406 (agar agar). In another bowl I whisked two eggs and put with the minced cake, and also added some milk and a spoon of melted butter.
Put in a cardboard microwaveable pan the mix and put in the combined oven for 35 minutes 350W microwave and 180 C/1500W regular oven.
The result was quite good, with a fudgy consistence, like a castagnaccio (Tuscan chestnut cake). As you could see by the photo, had success.

Attachments

• 20171004_131703.jpg
    20171004_131703.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
That looks really nice.🙂

Looks yummy... 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back