Mum who nearly died from diabetes complications praises staff who helped her

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
LINDSAY McKillop had no idea she was suffering from the serious condition of Type 1 diabetes until she collapsed and almost died at home.

The mum-of-one spent eight weeks in hospital and had to overcome her phobia of needles to learn to inject herself twice daily.

Now thanks to the help of the caring diabetes team at Paisley’s Royal Alexandra Hospital, Lindsay, 51, from Renfrew, is learning to live with the illness.

The Daily Record has joined forces with the Scottish Government to honour Scotland’s healing heroes and this
dedicated diabetes team are the latest nomination.

Lindsay’s health nightmare started two years ago. She said: “I was wrongly diagnosed by a doctor as having the winter vomiting bug when it was, in fact, Type 1 diabetes that was making me ill. I ended up in the RAH high dependency unit for five days before being moved to a general ward. I was really very ill.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/real-life/scottish-health-awards-mum-who-3946376

Shame they put her on mixed insulin 🙄

If she is needle phobic then 2 jabs a day is a fantastic result. Hopefully once she overcomes her fear she can move on to MDI 🙂

If she is needle phobic then 2 jabs a day is a fantastic result. Hopefully once she overcomes her fear she can move on to MDI 🙂

She does say "t took a long time to build up enough courage to inject myself but now I am able to do it without any fuss. " Still, if the regime is working for her then it's not a problem 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back