Multi Vitamins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jelly Babies Save Lives

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all
I asked my doctor if it was okay to take vitamins and was told yes. I just want to double check with the wise old sages on here and ask your opinion on them.
Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220507-093401_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220507-093401_Chrome.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 4
An interesting question. I take all sorts of vitamins and supplements and have found the NHS blood serum test results brilliant for adjusting what I do.

For example at the start I didn't know you could have too much iron or vitamin B12. I soon discovered after the first blood test results that you can and its not good to over do it. So i stopped taking extra vitamin B12 and Ferroglobin tablets and all returned to within the normal range.

So it is wise to be cautious and to check against any blood serun test results.

Just another thought. If you are not deficient in any of the vitamins (via test results) then maybe there is little point in taking anything. The body should just excrete what it doesn't need anyway.

Hope that helpd

Last edited:
I know some people say vitamins are a waste of money. I've recently changed doctors and was hoping they would have me in for a diabetes review but all they asked for was 7 days of blood pressure monitoring... which was quite normal.
I emailed the surgery on Friday, so I'll give it a few days and ring them.

I know some people say vitamins are a waste of money. I've recently changed doctors and was hoping they would have me in for a diabetes review but all they asked for was 7 days of blood pressure monitoring... which was quite normal.
I emailed the surgery on Friday, so I'll give it a few days and ring them.
My first blood test after reducing carbs came back as being low folate and I was prescribed folic acid tablets. The only thing that occurred to me was that by cutting out cereals and so much bread which are fortified with folate as well as other vitamins, that was the reason.

My first blood test after reducing carbs came back as being low folate and I was prescribed folic acid tablets. The only thing that occurred to me was that by cutting out cereals and so much bread which are fortified with folate as well as other vitamins, that was the reason.
Since I started making my own keto bread I stopped bothering with B vitamins and folic acid because I get loads of those along with various minerals in my bread. It is worth taking a note of what is in any very low carb foods to make sure we don't overdo some vitamins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back