MRI Results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flutterby

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Just a quick update as I'm really tired but just wanted to let you know the results. It's not very good :( the MRI shows that I had an actual stroke rather than a TIA which is what they suspected. I cried loads this afternoon. It feels so unfair, I've been as careful as possible over the years with my health and this is what I get. I've been put on Atorvastatin to reduce cholesterol (presently 5.6) and continue on aspirin each day as well. I went into GP surgery and they've squeezed me in on Thursday aft as I felt I needed to update him on all that's happened and get some consistent support. The consultant has said that he will fully support me in a claim for Disabled Living Allowance as my O/H has recently been made redundant and so we are having to claim benefits. Won't be on here long tonight as tired - and want to watch Holby!! You'd think it would be the last thing Id want to watch!:D

Sorry to hear your news Flutterby :(

I'm really sorry to hear your news. Not much else I can add really, just wanted to give you some support as you've been so supportive to me and I really appreciate it.

Really so sorry hear this flutter hugs xx

So sorry to hear your news Flutterby, try to stay as positive as you can 🙂 difficult I know, take care of yourself, love and hugs, Shirl x

Sorry to hear this Flutterby - it doesnt seem fair at all.:(Bev

I'm sorry to hear this too, Flutterby, but it does sound as though you are getting good treatment so hopefully this isn't something that will reoccur. Try to get some rest and recuperate and don't let the news impinge on your recovery. We're always here for you, my dear, and I hope that your husband is able to find work soon. 🙂

im sorry to hear your news. take care hun xxx

Thank you all ever so much. I think I'm just really tired as I keep crying. I suppose deep down I thought it might be a stroke but the consultant had given me a glimmer of hope that it may not have been. He is a really good guy and genuinely listens. It's the unfairness right now I think, that's getting to me. The "why me"? It's like a child crying, "it's not fair!"

My mum said "as if you don't have enough on your plate" which sums it up. Sorry for whinging and thanks for your care and support.xx

Thank you all ever so much. I think I'm just really tired as I keep crying. I suppose deep down I thought it might be a stroke but the consultant had given me a glimmer of hope that it may not have been. He is a really good guy and genuinely listens. It's the unfairness right now I think, that's getting to me. The "why me"? It's like a child crying, "it's not fair!"

My mum said "as if you don't have enough on your plate" which sums it up. Sorry for whinging and thanks for your care and support.xx

I totally understand what you are saying, it's NOT fair when you have worked so hard for decades to stay healthy. The Stroke Association are brilliant, so might be worth reading through their pages to get more understanding of your situation. http://www.stroke.org.uk/information/how_we_can_help_you.html

i am sorry to hear the news flutter xx hugsxx if you need any advice re benefits drop me a pm and my hubby and i might be able to advise xx🙂

I totally understand what you are saying, it's NOT fair when you have worked so hard for decades to stay healthy. The Stroke Association are brilliant, so might be worth reading through their pages to get more understanding of your situation. http://www.stroke.org.uk/information/how_we_can_help_you.html

thanks Northerner, I've heard good reports of them and in fact I had a lady from there visit when I was admitted!! Quick work! It was all put on hold when the diagnosis was in question but I will be in touch with them again. Have also found a group called "different strokes" for younger "survivors" so they seem a good bet too. I'll probably feel more positive again tomorrow.xx

I am so sorry to hear your news (((hugs))) xxx

Morning all, had a disturbed night, couldn't settle even though so tired. Eventually slept and dreamt weird dreams about our other cat (Mr Sparkles brother) who had to be rehomed due to fighting mr sparkles! I dreamt that loads of neighbours were complaining that their cats were being beaten up!! I am sooooo tired today - hardly surprising. Now I've had a hypo too.

I'm finding this so hard.

Sorry about your news Flutterby, but there are very effective drugs available now that will hopefully keep things in touch from here on. Toby.

When I went to see one of the docs at practice a few weeks ago to say that I had been told I might have had a TIA, she was rather dismissive and said "but you only have a 2% risk according to the computer" Well the computer was wrong wasn't it lady??!! I've never smoked, my weight is ok, I barely drink, blood pressure is low..........hence 2% risk, think they need a new computer!

Sorry to hear, but do continal taking care of yourself and plenty of rest...

My dad suffered a stroke just before he was 80, he was a very fit and active still working part-time gardening, he was put on high dose asprin, BP tablets and cholesterol tabs, and we worried what this all meant, but he never suffered any more problems, sadly he did pass away eariler this year from a Chest and UTI infection a couple months before his 92nd birthday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back