MPs to debate bill to repeal NHS 'privatisation' laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
MPs will debate a bill later which supporters say will roll back what they call the creeping privatisation of the NHS.

The Private Members Bill seeks to repeal key parts of the government's 2012 reform of the NHS in England.

Ministers say those reforms are saving the health service money, and they have no plans to repeal any parts of the legislation.

The bill is backed by the major health unions, but is unlikely to become law.

It is designed to repeal parts of the 2012 Health and Social Care Act that underpinned one of the biggest reorganisations of the NHS in England.

Mr Efford, Labour MP for Eltham, says those reforms imposed privatisation on the NHS.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30137368

38 Degrees has a petition here, please sign!

https://you.38degrees.org.uk/efforts/save-our-nhs/near/new

Last edited:
I gt to speak to Andy Burnham last night after the show and my honest impression is thta he is more conservative than me lol:D The Git made me like him.😱

He is passionate about this though and I have to give him credit for that even though I did give him a little telling off about his 2 year no benefit for immigrants policy not being labour like and pandering to UKIP.

I hated him and he has ruined that by making me like him so I hate hm more now:D

I'm confused

Hehe! Sounds like he is a good politician Paul! 🙂 I bet he hated you before he met you also! 🙂

Hehe! Sounds like he is a good politician Paul! 🙂 I bet he hated you before he met you also! 🙂

He has done some good in the past like with the Hillsborough campaign, but his views on people working and coming here to work and shouldn't be allowed benefits for two years are somewhere to the right of my views lol:D

His passion for the NHS won me over though more than anything else and I hereby commit that I will never say another bad word about the bloke while he carries that passion.

I now see why Labour have left him in that position despite mid staffs happening on his watch as his passion is without question and I feel he may have dealt with the people responsible in a far more tougher way.

I was expecting to warm to the UKIP bloke as people told us for a long time what a nice bloke he is, turns out I think he is a knob:D

The lady from the taxpayers alliance was brilliant, I sat about 3 feet away from her and you could see she had the others rattled a little.

Dimbleby is a fantastic bloke aswell and a comedian.

You'll have to meet up with Ed next, Paul! 🙂

I'm feeling really caught at the moment. My constituency is a very tight marginal (Southampton Itchen - Lab maj. 192 😱), but I'm tending towards Green. Don't want to split the vote though and give the Tories a chance to take the seat!

Interesting to see in Rochester that the Green vote was the only party besides UKIP to increase their share of the vote - still way, way behind though.

Well if people come here with a job to go to and then something untoward happens and they become jobless then I agree they should get some benefits Paul - but not every single one and not ad infinitum.

If however they come 'on spec' which seems to be the case in a lot more cases - then no - their own country should pay whatever benefits and they can still look for a job here - or they come over, fund themselves until they get a job, but don't expect us to support them whilst they are, else what's the incentive to really bother looking?

And that last bit is also the problem with a lot of 'kids' - messed around at school, didn't bother to absorb much they were being told there, parents didn't encourage them to so why bother? Parents chuck em out, let the council house them now, I'm not interested ......

Even when the parents don't do that and do everything 'right' by them - some of them still do it - and also breed.

You'll have to meet up with Ed next, Paul! 🙂

I'm feeling really caught at the moment. My constituency is a very tight marginal (Southampton Itchen - Lab maj. 192 😱), but I'm tending towards Green. Don't want to split the vote though and give the Tories a chance to take the seat!

Interesting to see in Rochester that the Green vote was the only party besides UKIP to increase their share of the vote - still way, way behind though.

I refuse ever to vote tactically. I always vote for who I want and if some other rotter gets in then so be it.

Trying to second guess everyone is a mugs game and may lead to silly results.

Vote Green Alan. That's what I say! 🙂

MPs back bill designed to limit NHS 'privatisation'

A bill which aims to curb the private sector's role in the NHS has cleared its first parliamentary hurdle.

Under the bill, compulsory tendering for NHS contracts would end and NHS hospitals' income generated by private patients would be restricted.

Although MPs backed it in a vote by 241 to 18, as a private member's bill it has only a slim chance of becoming law.

The government insisted its priority was to ensure care was "delivered in the right way for patients".

Labour MP Clive Efford brought in the bill, which he said would "cut the heart out" of the coalition's reforms.

It would restore ultimate responsibility for the NHS to the health secretary, stop NHS hospitals earning up to 49% of their income from private patients, and would exempt the NHS from an EU-US trade treaty known as TTIP.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-30137368

So, most of the government didn't even bother turning up to the debate... 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back