Status
Not open for further replies.

gillrogers

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Pronouns
She/Her
Hi everyone,

Just having a last minute worry about ditching the semglee and starting on Levemir tomorrow. So I'm mover from 9 units every 24 hrs to 5 units during the day then 4 units over night 12 hours later.

I think 8m.just over thinking it. But I was expecting my dB nurse to say 9 units am and 8 units at night. So my brain is saying at 5 units day and 4 at night isn't enough. I've tried reading the paperwork with it but it doesn't say anything above moving from a 24 hour basal to a 12 hour basal .

If you currently take 9u once a day then taking 5u AM and 4u PM works out the same over a 24 hour period.

If you currently take 9u once a day then taking 5u AM and 4u PM works out the same over a 24 hour period.
Thought it was that. So is Levemir a stronger potion that lasts half the time of the 24 hour one?

A unit of Semglee is the same as a unit of Levemir. But the levemir will drip feed it into your system at approximately twice the rate.

A unit of Semglee is the same as a unit of Levemir. But the levemir will drip feed it into your system at approximately twice the rate.
Aha that makes sense now. Thanks @Robin

Thanks @Robin , that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back