Moving from Insight to Ypsomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristineBee

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Morning everybody, I’m so excited to have received my Ypsomed and consumables!

I‘ve been pumping with Insight for 5 years and Ypsomed was my personal choice of pump to upgrade to, primarily because of its simplicity and the it uses pump carts like the Insight Pump (which I still love.)

I’ve also just started Dexcom G6.

Just waiting for training and my start day. I found a few posts regarding Ypsomed so I hope to connect with follow users!

Hi @ChristineBee I use a Dana pump not Ypsomed, but I remember that @curlygirl uses Ypsomed. If you tag other users you find, it helps alert them to this thread. As you say, there aren’t many Ypsomed users. Your experiences will help any new users who look here so do keep us updated as to how it’s all going 🙂

Thank you! I had a browse earlier and spotted @curlygirl was an Ypsomed user! I’m following her now!

I loved my Insight pump as well @ChristineBee...
It was something I would have continued with if it had been made.
I have been on the ypsopump for nearly 2 months now. The pump is good, but it is not as fine tuneable as the Roche one. The amount of basal profiles is 2, which is fine as can put temporary basal rate on if required, but it is less than the other. The main difference is the use of symbols not words on the pump. I have got used to the symbols I use every day but words would be useful sometimes. I had a cannula occlusion recently, which I have not really had for years, but the symbol that appeared might have been better if the word occlusion had been on the screen...
The feature I missed very much is the lag feature, but again this is something a lot of pumps do not have and I am learning to work round that.

The best thing for swapping to the ypsomed instead of other is the pumpcarts which are the same. This was a large part in deciding on which pump to choose.
The customer service from ypsomed is great...

The handset is not something that the ypsopump has. I have a unio neva to test blood. This can transfer the data to the mylife ypsopump app which has a bolus calculator and then can remote bolus using phone. It is slightly less direct than the roche but it is working ok and it calculates quickly and bolusing from the app is good as do not need to get pump out etc.

I was upset I had to give up a pump I was truly loving. The ypsopump is a good replacement generally and I hope you get on it and find it good too.

Thank you for reaching out @curlygirl you've given me some valuable information and I just want to get started now.
I note the blood testing meter included in my delivery is the mylife-aveo, but you are using the unio neva testing kit.
In ready for training day, (I still don’t know when that will happen, I feel I could almost do it alone, but I won’t), I downloaded the mylife Ypsomed app onto my phone and married it up to the aveo blood testing meter.
But until I add all my therapy details I can’t do much more. I keep playing and manually adding my bloods / bolus/ carbs to the app just for the sake of it!
Was there any talk of closed looping? I hear there is an app available only on android which is out there, mainly self funded I believe.
However, I’m just overjoyed to have recently started the Dexcom G6, this has given me a wealth of information on what my bloods are doing 24/7, but in a perfect world, the pump and the CGM would be communicating together.

The aveo is the other meter that can connect to the app. I know what you mean about being able to do it, the training was not saying anything different, but for safety it is important to be sure.
I had the app to look at before and also did stuff like rotating the screen so it was the right way etc

There is a loop system with g6 I think. It is mylife camaps fx. I did not discuss it with the rep because I do not have a cgm. I use libre 2 but I am going to talk to the nurse about libre 3, which I think is approved to loop with ypsopump in germany and is going to be here. Not completely sure but worth looking at.

One of the most noticable differences at first was the speed the tubing fills at and how quiet the pump is. It is so quiet that the only way of knowing bolus has done is from the app. The insight had a very set sound as insulin was delivered and the vibrating also...the ypsopump is almost silent, just a ticking if put next to you.

Hope your date comes through before too long.

free style libre very very good sensor and i use the reader which i find lot easy than a phone .
BUT one has to remember not as accurate as finger prick that is used by most BLOOD SUGAR meters also freestyle libre can have blood tests strips to ALSO i have just found out also KETONES strips as well i sometime s double check and use ACCU-CHEK to double check but whatever we use its just so Incredible what we have to keep on the straight and narrow as long term
it keeps us well
so good testing ps one think to note if you go high or low think back 2 hours and and adjust .
Happy safe and well new year to all Vic 64 years on insulin

I loved my Insight pump as well @ChristineBee...
It was something I would have continued with if it had been made.
I have been on the ypsopump for nearly 2 months now. The pump is good, but it is not as fine tuneable as the Roche one. The amount of basal profiles is 2, which is fine as can put temporary basal rate on if required, but it is less than the other. The main difference is the use of symbols not words on the pump. I have got used to the symbols I use every day but words would be useful sometimes. I had a cannula occlusion recently, which I have not really had for years, but the symbol that appeared might have been better if the word occlusion had been on the screen...
The feature I missed very much is the lag feature, but again this is something a lot of pumps do not have and I am learning to work round that.

The best thing for swapping to the ypsomed instead of other is the pumpcarts which are the same. This was a large part in deciding on which pump to choose.
The customer service from ypsomed is great...

The handset is not something that the ypsopump has. I have a unio neva to test blood. This can transfer the data to the mylife ypsopump app which has a bolus calculator and then can remote bolus using phone. It is slightly less direct than the roche but it is working ok and it calculates quickly and bolusing from the app is good as do not need to get pump out etc.

I was upset I had to give up a pump I was truly loving. The ypsopump is a good replacement generally and I hope you get on it and find it good too.
CURLY GIRL
I like you have to give up ACC-CHEK combo after 16 years i know that pump inside out and has given many years of good solid use
today i had explain how i use CARBS pair == one unit of insulin to 15 carbs
not sure if i need to use a smart phone to live with INSULIN .
but i guess that's the way it goes at a recent display some person was complaining about LINE BLOCKAGE a lot of ...
with your advice i now looking forward to learning about the pump but if i have problems it can go back as like you have a small choice but we cannot learn unless we have a PUMP to try

good luck stay safe vic 64 years on insulin

Aha @VICTOR HILL - that explains who is getting a nice new Ypsomed pump!

But Victor you are right - I'd really like another pump that uses prefilled cartridges and since Roche Accu Chek have now stopped producing pumps, so I couldn't have another Insight - as far as anyone knows at the moment, Ypsomed are the only company that uses prefilled cartridges but on the other hand only 2 different basals, oo er. Not good on the face of it. I'll just have to wait and see what transpires.

Aha @VICTOR HILL - that explains who is getting a nice new Ypsomed pump!

But Victor you are right - I'd really like another pump that uses prefilled cartridges and since Roche Accu Chek have now stopped producing pumps, so I couldn't have another Insight - as far as anyone knows at the moment, Ypsomed are the only company that uses prefilled cartridges but on the other hand only 2 different basals, oo er. Not good on the face of it. I'll just have to wait and see what transpires.
YES THIS WILL MAKE YOU SMILE
I LOOK back in my box of TRICKS and goes what on prescription dated sep 2005 i was useing a pen fill system a STAINLESS STEEL click pen that used the NOVO RAPID INSULIN CARTRIDGES
PLS A PLASTICE UNIT AS BACK UP
AS I WORK AS REP ALL OVER SUFFOLK and at times i would inject via my shirt and vest then one of the best injection methods going i also a year later started on dialysis for 4 years
but bit like fashion good things come back take car VIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back