Mounjaro

HalfpipMarathon

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi not posted for a long time.

I know there's a thread about Mounjaro so apologies. My hb1ac has gone up a little bit so my GP asked how I felt regarding injections. We discussed Ozempic and Mounjaro and I opted for Mounjaro.

It wasn't available when I had an appointment with the nurse on Monday (had to collect it later).

Might be a stupid question but is it possible for to show how to inject without actually injecting? I am seeing the same nurse Monday but I don't want to inject Monday as not enough time to get used to any to side effects, if I have any before I am in work Weds

Hi not posted for a long time.

I know there's a thread about Mounjaro so apologies. My hb1ac has gone up a little bit so my GP asked how I felt regarding injections. We discussed Ozempic and Mounjaro and I opted for Mounjaro.

It wasn't available when I had an appointment with the nurse on Monday (had to collect it later).

Might be a stupid question but is it possible for to show how to inject without actually injecting? I am seeing the same nurse Monday but I don't want to inject Monday as not enough time to get used to any to side effects, if I have any before I am in work Weds
don’t worry the Mounjaro injection is ever so easy to self administer, the medication comes in a pre loaded pen, you simply screw on a needle remove its cover, and dial up a dose
ok I’ve been injecting various injectable meds to treat my diabetes over the years, I still don’t really like the finger prick testing honestly a simple injection into the fatty part of your tummy or leg it’s a fine needle aynd I’ve found is pain free, Mounjaro is a once a week dose so it’s unlikely that next week you would hit the same spot you you don’t even need to keep thinking of rotation of the site,
you could I suppose ask at the pharmacy when you collect the pens and needles if you could recieve some advice from them ?

Way back in the mists of time when I was diagnosed, some DSNs used to help teach newly diagnosed people injection technique was to use an orange to inject into.

I think the firmer orange peel and soft inside was though to have a similar ‘feel’ to injecting in your thigh?

Back