Mounjaro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lancsamb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
I have just started on mounjro, the weekly injection, I am only on my first week and I am getting highs of 15. They reduced my metformin from 2000 mg a day to 500 mg. day as it was raising my lactates from under 2 to over 4. I was really managing so well for the last 5 years on victoza but thanks to the Kardashians that soon dried up. Is any else using mounjaro?

Yes, I'm on Mounjaro - but also on empagliflozin and both long-acting and short-acting insulin, so my experience is some way away from yours.

I did find that 2.5mg of Mounjaro had no effect, 5mg had some effect, and 7.5mg shut down my appetite totally, so I'm back on 5mg. Of course "your kilometerage may vary", since everyone is different. (In passing, in the limited time I was on/able to get Victoza, I found it didn't have any noticeable effect on me at all...)

My only suggestion would be to hang in there, and see what effect the 5mg dose of Mounjaro has, Are you "under the doctor" or perhaps your local hospital's Diabetes Centre? "Lactates" have never been mentioned to me in the 31 years since I was first diagnosed, and I was on 3g of metformin a day for very many years, until it became contra-indicated for causing kidney function problems.

Last edited:
I have just finished my first 4 weeks on 2.5mg move to 5mg next week. it is making me feel sick but its working i have last a stone so far, not sure what it is doing for my glucose levels.

I am on my second week and have not had any contraindications I hope my blood sugars start to stabilise , is normal to go onto 5 mg after 4 weeks ?

I am on my second week and have not had any contraindications I hope my blood sugars start to stabilise , is normal to go onto 5 mg after 4 weeks ?
That's the likely change, if you have not become stabilised on the current dose.
The Mounjaro website indicates that you should be on a particular dosage strength for "at least" four weeks, then move to the next higher strength, until you reach the effect you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back