Mounjaro = tirzepatide availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Gray

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
This medicine was expected to be made available to T2 persons "in January 2024", but as of 6 Jan it cannot be ordered by either Tesco pharmacy or by Badham (who have different suppliers).

Has anyone else been prescribed this, and have they been able to have it dispensed by any chemist (preferably one with a significant number of branches)?

This medicine was expected to be made available to T2 persons "in January 2024", but as of 6 Jan it cannot be ordered by either Tesco pharmacy or by Badham (who have different suppliers).

Has anyone else been prescribed this, and have they been able to have it dispensed by any chemist (preferably one with a significant number of branches)?
I think it is because it is not yet available in the UK.

Mounjaro = tirzepatide in the form of a pen containing four doses, one to be taken each week, is now apparently available to order via one's pharmacy from their suppliers AAH and Phoenix.

I quote from the Community Pharmacy England website (full article dated 21st February 2024 here*):
Please note that until prescribing systems have updated to allow selection of the KwikPen®, prescribers will need to issue handwritten paper FP10 prescriptions for the KwikPen®. Once prescribing systems have been updated, EPS prescriptions for Mounjaro® KwikPen® will appear as:
Mounjaro® KwikPen® 2.5mg/0.6ml – 1 pen containing 4 doses

Only the starter ('first month') 2.5mg strength and the 5mg ('second month') strength will be available initially, but the higher doses will appear in coming months.

* the indicated article is now hidden behind a login requirement, unfortunately...

Last edited:
Mounjaro = tirzepatide in the form of a pen containing four doses, one to be taken each week, is now apparently available to order via one's pharmacy from their suppliers AAH and Phoenix.

I quote from the Community Pharmacy England website (full article dated 21st February 2024 here*):
[...]
* the indicated article is now hidden behind a login requirement, unfortunately...
This article has magically re-appeared!

Getting mine ok from Boots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back