Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatty85

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Hello
I'm a type2 diabetic and have today found out I'm pregnant (approx 6 weeks and a complete shock). I started mounjaro last week but I believe it is NOT safe to use in pregnancy so I'm going to contact my doctors tomorrow. Realistically when should I be seen and by who as I'm guessing I'll have to stop taking mounjaro immediately? Should it be my diabetic nurse or the hospital.....
Any advice welcome.
Thanks

Welcome @Hatty85 and congratulations 🙂 Phone the Diabetes Centre at your local hospital and ask to speak to a DSN. They usually have a Pregnancy DSN and run special clinics for women with diabetes who are pregnant. You’ll get a lot of support and help. Apart from strict control, you’ll need to get the special high dose folic acid (prescription only) as soon as possible.

I can’t comment re the Mounjaro but if your GP prescribed it, then I’d speak to them. You might well need a change of meds. Your GP might also be able to prescribe the high dose folic acid.

I can’t add to what @Inka has already said other than to say congratulations and try not to panic.

Some medications have these warnings as they have just not been tested on non standard patients so wouldn’t have considered pregnant women. But whoever prescribed will be able to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back