Most new members in a day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
A lot of you will probably have noticed that we got quite a few new people joining the forum yesterday. In fact, it was the most we have ever had in one day - 39! 😱 The last time it was anywhere near that many was when the forum was first launched, in November 2008.

I do hope that the newcomers enjoy using the forum and get lots from it, as I have. 🙂

I can vouch for that. Thoroughly enjoyed my visits to this forum over the past few months. Great bunch of people here,🙂

And I'm one of them! lol. Wouldn't have thought it though! Over 100 posts already!

Wow, why did that happen Alan? Was the weather that bad? 😉

Wow, why did that happen Alan? Was the weather that bad? 😉

Not sure really - partly due to DUK putting a message on Facebook I think 🙂 Normally we get between 5 and 10 new members a day. We had about 540 posts yesterday, although that falls short of the 920 we got on one day in April 2009.

Oh yes, I saw that! I wondered who the composer of that message was on behalf of DUK as Ive never seen a message like that from them before....?

Just goes to show how powerful facebook is!

Oh yes, I saw that! I wondered who the composer of that message was on behalf of DUK as Ive never seen a message like that from them before....?

Just goes to show how powerful facebook is!

It was Joe, who we met at the last London Meet who put out the message. 🙂

Ah! I thought it must be someone who knew the forum or knew us! I hadnt seen anything like that before.

Good work 🙂

The more the merrier, i did joke we will have to start charging hehe xx

Not sure really - partly due to DUK putting a message on Facebook I think 🙂 Normally we get between 5 and 10 new members a day. We had about 540 posts yesterday, although that falls short of the 920 we got on one day in April 2009.

i cant see the message on fb ???:(

Are you friends with diabetes uk hon?

Imagine if we all posted this forum to our profiles or posted the same message as Joe, what would happen to the numbers??

I went and had a look as I am "liking" diabetes UK and it didnt have you too (what are you like? 😉) as friends in common.

Ive sent you an invitation!

I went and had a look as I am "liking" diabetes UK and it didnt have you too (what are you like? 😉) as friends in common.

Ive sent you an invitation!

Thanks Lou, have now got it sorted (though not in my head - I presume this is different from the Diabetes UK group!). 🙂

Goodness only knows?! There seems to be a few and it isnt always clear whats offically done and what isnt....or why some things you can "like" and other things you are "friends" with? :S

Im shutting up now- Im sounding very old 😉

Goodness only knows?! There seems to be a few and it isnt always clear whats offically done and what isnt....or why some things you can "like" and other things you are "friends" with? :S

Im shutting up now- Im sounding very old 😉

I think that's why I never really got on with FB, it seems too much like hard work - the design wouldn't have got past me when I worked in IT!

Hey you have mastered twitter, I still dont have that badge so you are much better on the social network challenge than I am already!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back