Morning hypos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liz

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
I hate hypos at the best of times but just recently I have been waking up first thing in the morning with very low blood sugars :( I then feel rubbish for the rest of the day and more often than not end up going hypo again later in the day. I haven't been doing anything different and yet my blood sugars have been in the low 2's when I have been waking up. I don't understand it. :confused:

Unfortunately with D things change all the time with no good reason...sounds like you might be getting a tad too much basal here, when do you take your basal?

Might also be worth discussing splitting your basal insulin into 2 doses per 24 hours - lots of possibilities of ratios and timings, so important to discuss your situation.

Agree with Shiv, sounds like you need to look at your basal as that is the insulin that would be working at that time. Has anything changed recently that could have caused it? weight loss, increased exercise, changed injection sites?

Thanks for your replies. I take my basal in the evening. Nikki, There isn't any obvious reason - I haven't lost weight (I wish!), haven't been doing any more exercise than usual and I do the injection in my legs which is where I always do it. The only thing that has changed is that work has been quite stressful. Thankfully I have a clinic appointment next week so I will be able to discuss it then. Not really sure what to do in the meantime though. Feel a bit silly after all these years having to ask for help cos you'd think I'd understand it by now!

We all need some advice at times and if you are getting all these hypos then you won't be able to think straight anyway. They are very wearying when you keep on getting them so don't be too hard on yourself. Hope things soon get sorted out for you, it's a real pain when things suddenly go weird for no apparent reason. Take care of yourself. Karen.x

Thanks Karen. You are right they are very tiring. I feel shattered most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back