More numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Docb

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Some of you have shown interest in my odd observations on the numbers I am getting from my finger prick testing, so here are some more.

I have been fiddling with my data base (now approaching 5000 finger print tests) and can now pick a time period and plot the average blood glucose by hour through the day.
1677059731403.png
This graph is for the last 100 days. I get up around 6:30, and have breakfast and then have lunch around 11:00am , tea around 4:00 pm and alight supper around 6:00pm. You can see the drift up and down due to food intake. I would expect this profile to give me an HbA1c of around 50.

1677060354220.png
This is the graph for the last 100 days that I took gliclazide. Profile similar but the levels much lower and my HbA1c then was around 40.

Make what you like of it!

Very very interesting. Thank you

Something else that has come of my fiddling about....

I have in the past shown a relationship between HbA1c and Blood Glucose average in the 90 days before the HbA1c test date. Can now press a button and get the graph generated if and when I get more HbA1c results.

The data base gives :
1677086359171.png
My current 90 day average (displayed automatically on the home page of the database) is 7.7 suggesting a current HbA1c would come out at around 48 give or take a unit or two.

Probably more interesting is the relationship between HbA1c and my average waking BG for the previous 90 days.
1677086703237.png
My current waking BG is around 7 - I will have to do a bit more fiddling to generate a current 90 day average. Nevertheless this would also suggest a current HbA1c of 48 or thereabouts. The relationship would suggest that if I keep my waking blood glucose below 7, then my HbA1c would be below the magic 48; and if I could keep it below 6 then my HbA1c would be below the even more magical 42.

I would love to know if this relationship is peculiar to me or whether it has more universal application. Anybody out there got the data and the curiosity to see if it does?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back