More frequent urination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sambradley5

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Hello,

Since I got diagnosed with type 1 in 2020, I have noticed that I need to urinate very often even when my levels are stable. Anyone who has been diagnosed recently or within the last year noticed this as well? Can also having high bloods all night cause me to need to urinate a lot the following day.

Any help would be appreciated

Sam

Yes, high blood sugar overnight could cause frequent urination after. It could also cause irritation to that delicate area which can contribute to an urge to urinate. Another possibility is thrush or a UTI. Do you have a Libre so you can see any pattern to the urination and your sugars?

Diagnose in August (53 mmol) and urination at night was becoming a real issue prior to that. Within a month of changing diet significantly it completely stopped almost to the point that several times a week I don't have to go in the night atall Which I have been having to do long before my BG was high. Always assumed just an age thing.

Are you wearing a sensor such as Libre2 or Dexcom One so that you can see what is happening overnight?

Levels over 10 seem to be the ‘renal threshold’ where the kidneys try to flush out excess glucose through urination - If your levels aren’t often above 10 it might be worth mentioning the excess urination to your GP in case there’s something else that should be looked into?

Diagnose in August (53 mmol) and urination at night was becoming a real issue prior to that. Within a month of changing diet significantly it completely stopped almost to the point that several times a week I don't have to go in the night atall Which I have been having to do long before my BG was high. Always assumed just an age thing.
If you are male maybe worth getting your prostate checked. Issues can kick even at your age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back