Mood Swings and Energy Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duane Charles

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/Him
Since my diagnosis I have noticed my energy levels and interest in doing anything has decreased. I’m quite happy just resting or sleeping when I’m not at work. I work 6 days a week (personal choice) and I’m also finding that I’m getting quite irritable and either snapping or having an “attitude” towards fellow colleagues. This isn’t a good thing as I’m in a position of management and I know it’s been talked about. I don’t know if the latter is a symptom of the diabetes or perhaps because my current treatment is up and down in the sense that it’s a bit trial and error to get the medication right.

Since my diagnosis I have noticed my energy levels and interest in doing anything has decreased. I’m quite happy just resting or sleeping when I’m not at work. I work 6 days a week (personal choice) and I’m also finding that I’m getting quite irritable and either snapping or having an “attitude” towards fellow colleagues. This isn’t a good thing as I’m in a position of management and I know it’s been talked about. I don’t know if the latter is a symptom of the diabetes or perhaps because my current treatment is up and down in the sense that it’s a bit trial and error to get the medication right.
I don't think that is uncommon following a diagnosis as it is a lot to deal with especially getting your medication right and making those necessary dietary changes. Tiredness is often an indication of high blood glucose which is why doing finger prick testing would help you see what may be going on.
There are many factors which affect your mood, high blood glucose being one as it affects every cell in your body including the brain.
Worth a mention to your Nurse or GP.

I don't think that is uncommon following a diagnosis as it is a lot to deal with especially getting your medication right and making those necessary dietary changes. Tiredness is often an indication of high blood glucose which is why doing finger prick testing would help you see what may be going on.
There are many factors which affect your mood, high blood glucose being one as it affects every cell in your body including the brain.
Worth a mention to your Nurse or GP.
I will mention the mood swings to the GP when I speak to them about T3c, thank you again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back