Mon dieu! How sick am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrvineHimself

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
As I previously reported, I am being encouraged to move into sheltered housing, With a high priority waiting list for emergency housing of at least four years, I moved forward with the application only to find that, because of my health issues, they were suggesting a waiting list, for me, of six or seven months.

The initial application to get on the list was finally processed eleven day's ago and I was sent a registration number which allows me to express interest in a property. That was on Thursday the 6th of October. The next day, I expressed interest in a sheltered housing unit in a nice area a few hundred yards from Portobello beach Given that this is a very desirable location; the length of the waiting lists and this was my very first expression of interest I didn't really expect it to go anywhere. However, when I was at the Opticians this morning, I got an email telling me I was on the short-list and inviting me for an interview with the Trust Housing Association, which I duly attended this afternoon.

The interview seemed to go quite well, with the interviewer, while not promising my bid had been accepted, suggested that even if it was rejected, they had similar properties becoming available over the next few weeks for which I would be favourable considered.

It's a studio flat, with it's own kitchen; bathroom wet floor shower; a care team and activity detector to set off an alarm if there is no movement and it's been fully modified for independent living. They are organising a visit next week so I can see it, but using Google Streetview to check the location, it sounds/looks amazing.

On the downside however, as yet I am only on a short-list in competition with two or three other prospective tenants. Even more concerning, is the speed with which this is happening. I have mentioned before that the amount care and attention the Doctors have been giving me is actually quite worrying. As a result, I am back to asking myself: "Just how sick am I?"

As I previously reported, I am being encouraged to move into sheltered housing, With a high priority waiting list for emergency housing of at least four years, I moved forward with the application only to find that, because of my health issues, they were suggesting a waiting list, for me, of six or seven months.

The initial application to get on the list was finally processed eleven day's ago and I was sent a registration number which allows me to express interest in a property. That was on Thursday the 6th of October. The next day, I expressed interest in a sheltered housing unit in a nice area a few hundred yards from Portobello beach Given that this is a very desirable location; the length of the waiting lists and this was my very first expression of interest I didn't really expect it to go anywhere. However, when I was at the Opticians this morning, I got an email telling me I was on the short-list and inviting me for an interview with the Trust Housing Association, which I duly attended this afternoon.

The interview seemed to go quite well, with the interviewer, while not promising my bid had been accepted, suggested that even if it was rejected, they had similar properties becoming available over the next few weeks for which I would be favourable considered.

It's a studio flat, with it's own kitchen; bathroom wet floor shower; a care team and activity detector to set off an alarm if there is no movement and it's been fully modified for independent living. They are organising a visit next week so I can see it, but using Google Streetview to check the location, it sounds/looks amazing.

On the downside however, as yet I am only on a short-list in competition with two or three other prospective tenants. Even more concerning, is the speed with which this is happening. I have mentioned before that the amount care and attention the Doctors have been giving me is actually quite worrying. As a result, I am back to asking myself: "Just how sick am I?"
Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, sometimes the system can surprise you. I wouldn't interpret anything sinister in it re your health.

So glad the wheels which normally grind exceeding slow have been speeded up for you 🙂 I suspect it's because you have engaged well with services rather than any indication of how sick you are....I hope so at any rate 🙂 Very best of luck with your application, hope you blow the other prospective tenants out of the water! x

Thanks to everyone for their reassuring words. After sleeping on it, and taking your reassurance into consideration, I realised I am over-analysing an isolated data point in what is actually a Bell Curve with a mean of six or seven months. In other words, rather than me being death's door, it is much more likely I have just been incredibly lucky with regard to Doctors and waiting lists.
Irvine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back