Mobile app to manage diabetes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlisonM

Much missed Moderator
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1.5 LADA
Mobile app to manage diabetes and athletic performance.

A new personal health monitoring system promises improved management of diabetes, a condition affecting 1 in 10 adults in the UK.

Real-time blood sugar measurements are recorded via a sensor and mobile phone app using "cloud" internet technology.

The system is being trialled by diabetic athletes, cycling 2100 km over a fortnight across Europe.

Instant blood sugar monitoring could also stop marathon runners and long-distance cyclists "hitting the wall".../

Looks excellent !!! Get my name on one 🙂 Pretty pretty please 😉

You've got to be joking
Used by members of the general population, or those at risk of developing type 2 diabetes, the monitoring system could offer an early warning health check, and might be used to help demonstrate the health benefits of modifying life style, providing instant positive feedback.
at ?40 for 10 days use😱, and we can't even get test strips when we are T2 so how are the general population going to get such a device?

I'm glad to see that the Alps is well supplied with cell phone towers, we can't get many in the highlands and islands.
I can see the use of a CGM but why does it have to involve cloud technology (is this so Micros*t can get revenue or so that GCHQ can see what we are doing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back