Mmol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul 3982

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Good evening my mmol is normally around 8/10 . It has suddenly shot up to over 15 despite 2 80mmg Glilazide and 2 500mg tablets. I normally only take 1 80mg Gliclazideand and 3 metformin per day. It probably due to the cough cold fever I have recently had ( cough still ongoing) thank you paul

Good evening my mmol is normally around 8/10 . It has suddenly shot up to over 15 despite 2 80mmg Glilazide and 2 500mg tablets. I normally only take 1 80mg Gliclazideand and 3 metformin per day. It probably due to the cough cold fever I have recently had ( cough still ongoing) thank you paul
Welcome to the forum
Many people find that blood glucose can increase when people have any sort of infection or feel unwell.
The metformin will probably have no immediate effect as that just works away in the background however taking extra gliclazide may help. Gliclazide encourages the pancreas to produce more insulin to help metabolise the carbs you are eating.
If your levels are remaining high then making sure you don't eat too much carbohydrate and staying well hydrated should help it come down.
When did you get the 15mmol/l in relation to when you ate.
What sort of dietary approach do you follow as your levels seem quite high normally.

Welcome to the forum
Many people find that blood glucose can increase when people have any sort of infection or feel unwell.
The metformin will probably have no immediate effect as that just works away in the background however taking extra gliclazide may help. Gliclazide encourages the pancreas to produce more insulin to help metabolise the carbs you are eating.
If your levels are remaining high then making sure you don't eat too much carbohydrate and staying well hydrated should help it come down.
When did you get the 15mmol/l in relation to when you ate.
What sort of dietary approach do you follow as your levels seem quite high normall

Hi thanks for your input. No fruit no alcohol cut down on white bread potatoes. But I do have weetabix for breakfast

Hi thanks for your input. No fruit no alcohol cut down on white bread potatoes. But I do have weetabix for breakfast
There may be better breakfasts you could have as cereals are high carb, full fat Greek yoghurt and berries, eggs in any form are things that people have.
Some fruits are high carb but berries can be a good addition to your menu.
Have a look at this link for some meal ideas which are low carb but still tasty and filling. https://www.freshwell.co.uk/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back