Missing Ozempic Doses

Lucyr

Relationship to Diabetes
Other Type
I think I’ve screwed up with my ozempic dosing. Two weeks ago I had try diabetes review with the hospital, we increased the ozempic dose from 0.5 to 1.0. These aren’t like insulin pens where you can choose the dose, each pen just does a set dose 4 times. Anyway I had a brand new pen so that Friday when it was dose time, I took 2 x 0.5 doses for 1.0, thinking it best to use up the 0.5 pen over the next two weeks before getting the 1.0 pen.

I did that and the 0.5 pen has now run out with my next dose due today. Of course the letter from the hospital hasn’t come yet, so I don’t have the 1.0 pen on prescription, and my prescription request for a new 0.5 pen has been declined because it isn’t due for another 2 weeks.

I know it’s safe to miss a dose, the leaflet says to either take it if you remember within a few days or wait till your next dose if it’s more than that. But the thing is, you start on a 0.25 pen to build up so that you don’t get side effects. Any idea how many doses you can miss before going straight onto a high dose again would give you side effects? I’ll be missing a couple of doses before I can get a 0.5 pen prescribed I guess.

Or you could try calling for an emergency prescription of it and just explaining why you need it which is exactly what I would do

Or you could try calling for an emergency prescription of it and just explaining why you need it which is exactly what I would do
I really struggle to make phone calls

Back