Missed hospital appointments up by nearly 25,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
THE number of missed hospital appointments increased by almost 25,000 in the past year, according to figures published today.

NHS boards in Scotland report that patients failed to attend 771,421 hospital appointments in 2012-13, up 24,729 on the previous year. The problem costs the health service millions of pounds every year, according to the Scottish Liberal Democrats who obtained the figures.

The figures were published as the Scottish Conservatives floated a radical new proposal to fine patients for missing appointments.

The Tory policy consultation paper suggested that ?punitive measures? including hitting timewasters in the pocket, could be introduced at Scottish hospitals.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/health/missed-hospital-appointments-up-by-nearly-25-000-1-3040271

Judging by Stirling Hospital this could be a computer glitch. Cancelled my retinopathy scan by phone and asked for one in September and then got a letter complaining that I had missed my appointment.

Judging by Stirling Hospital this could be a computer glitch. Cancelled my retinopathy scan by phone and asked for one in September and then got a letter complaining that I had missed my appointment.

It's OK, when Jeremy Hunt has completed his computerisation of all hospital records, things like this will never happen...🙄

I once got a cancellation letter a week after the appointment was due to take place...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back