Missed background last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy2202

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Fell asleep and forgot to take background last night. (Would usually take 12 units levemir)

So when I woke this morning I took 6 units thinking that was the right thing to do?

So this evening again would I take my usual 12 or would I have to take a smaller amount again?

I’m a bit confused

If so, and 12 is your normal once-daily dose, then yes, you need to reduce your dose this evening to be safe.

If so, and 12 is your normal once-daily dose, then yes, you need to reduce your dose this evening to be safe.
Yes once a day @Inka

Thankyou I thought so. How much would you suggest? 8 units?

Yes once a day @Inka

Thankyou I thought so. How much would you suggest? 8 units?

We’re not allowed to suggest doses but I’d err on the side of caution. Better to be a bit high than risk a hypo. So, I’d make sure the total dose I took in 24 hrs was no more than 12 units, possibly less if I was concerned. Always, always play it safe at night.

If you can pick your way through this graph, it might give an indication of how long your Levemir dose might last (on average).

It may be that it’s mostly spent by the time your next dose is due, or might give a suggestion of how much ‘coverage’ you still have going.

The more cautious approach is to take a smaller dose, and perhaps to set an overnight alarm or two?

Thanks guys.
I’ll check it out.
I’ve just got home from work so only just cooking my evening meal so I’ll make sure I’m slightly higher than usual just to be safe. And my low alarms are set aswell.

We’ve all been there.don’t beat you’re self up about it

How have things gone for you today @Jimmy2202

Any wobbles overnight?

How have things gone for you today @Jimmy2202

Any wobbles overnight?
Hi mate.

No, everything has been fine. I’m got myself slowly back up to usual amounts of Levemir at bedtime.

Thankyou for the reply’s / advice hints tips etc 🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back