Miss Idaho Sierra Sandison speaks out on diabetes, confidence and Possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Sierra Sandison never imagined she would be a beauty queen - or a national celebrity - but both things happened in September when she competed at the Miss America pageant in Atlantic City, N.J.

Sandison, 20, became the first Miss Idaho in 43 years to make the top 15 when she was selected America's Choice - a finalist chosen by her fans through social media.

"I couldn't believe it. When I watch the video, it's like I'm watching someone else," she says. "But really I can't remember a thing."

The athletic Twin Falls native, who has Type 1 diabetes, received national attention for wearing her insulin pump on stage during the competition, even during the swimsuit portion.

With a smiling, sincere demeanor, she appeared on "The Dr. Oz Show" and received national press that allowed her to tell her story and discuss issues about diabetes.

Sandison took inspiration from Miss America 1999, Nicole Johnson, who shares her condition and also wore her pump for the pageant.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/11/08/3465561_miss-idaho-sierra-sandison-speaks.html

2 Model who want a pat on the back for trying to show its normal 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back