Miserable so and so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
That's me at the moment, sorry if I don't appear my (normal?) cheerful self! :(

Hey, whats up Northerner, its not like you to let things get to you, is it the diabetes or perhaps frustration about not running, hope things soon improve for you, meanwhile try a little "Kate Bush" cuddle.🙂

John

John, I think you've hit several nails on the head. I will seek out some KB solace 🙂 Thank you.

Aww, Northey, hope the clouds blow away soon.
therethere.gif

xx

Hi Northey, sorry to hear you are not feeling too bright. Hope you feel better soon🙂

Big hugs from me too...and a little pic of KB to keep you smiling 😉
Bernie 🙂 xx

(hope it works)....

kate.jpg

Last edited:
Well that's not going to help any of use fellas.

Knowing how you like Poetry and your post about the Sentinel story reminded me of a poem I wrote 42 yrs ago as a sort of exercise in ill-iteration, see what you think:

The Silent Sentinel

The stippled stonework stood out bold
Against the sky of blue
The smoke filled chimney stack stood tall and strew
It's fumes upon the countryside
I stood alone in sullen silence
Studying the scene
The Silent Sentinel so proud and new
Stretched out itself
As if to say "here I am,
Inferior man"

Well that's not going to help any of use fellas.

Well...you know...:D teehee....if it brings a smile to ones face then alls good 😉
Hopefully will cheer Northerner up too...🙂

Well...you know...:D teehee....if it brings a smile to ones face then alls good 😉
Hopefully will cheer Northerner up too...🙂

Didn't do anything for my blood pressure.😱

Hey Northey - I have sent you a pm.😉Dont feel down - you have all us lovely people to talk to.🙂I will ignore the picture of the elephant and all that goes with it - if it makes you happy - then so be it! Feel free to pm me - I am all ears - just like KB!🙂Bev x

Didn't do anything for my blood pressure.😱

My apologies Vicsetter....but you know where i am if you need cheering up at all... :D

I am sure Northerner will prefer your poem though as he prefers a bit of more of an intellectual spin on things....i was merely using my own poetic license along the way....😉

Bernie x 🙂

hey northe there is a few of us about at mo ...wanna come in the cupboard !!!

hide3.gif

its very nice... totally stress free.... they even have an unlimited supply of 'no questions asked'😎 jaffa cakes and jelly babies just for you xx

Chin up Sir Alan of the Northern territory, I've just had a few wee(ish) drams of Jura, dam tasty, takes the edge off but doesn't help loose sight of Rossi's current issues:( hope you're back on your feet sharpish squire.

Remember to wash behind your ears.

Peace out

Rossi 🙂

made me realise how nice things can be!😛😉 none of this semillon chardonnay milarky!

off thread !!! hahaa but we are trying to cheer up sir alan from the northe...

bowdown2.gif

Hi, so sorry to hear your feeling down on my first visit back to the forum for a while. Hope you feel in higher spirits soon. Like the 'Sir Alan of the North' - got a feeling it's gonna stick! 🙂

Thank you all you lovely people 🙂 Loved the poem Vic, and (of course) the piccie of the delicious Kate, possibly the most astonishingly beautiful woman ever to stride the planet...

Tomorrow is another day, and also my release from my 'diagnosis week' that seems to have had an unexpected and deep effect on me. Let's hear you all shout out 'Stupid diabetes!' 😱

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back