Mio sets- Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugarbum

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
HI,

My new Mio sets came and although I have followed the video online on how to insert them I have wasted 3 sets and not managed to insert one as yet properly.

The canula is longer in the set than the needle, even before retracting it.

Can anyone help me please-I'm desperate!

Many thanks x

Hi Lou,
Send me your mobile number on pm and I will ring you now - but hurry as I have to go out.🙂Bev

HI,

My new Mio sets came and although I have followed the video online on how to insert them I have wasted 3 sets and not managed to insert one as yet properly.

Many thanks x

Mind if I ask how you got the Medtronics ordering folk to send those out to you as I got refused point blank with a "You will have to contact your DSN to see if we can send the MIO sets to you - they might not be suitable and we don't want to waste them".

DSN lady has just answered my second EMail asking for a couple of trial sets, (first EMail sent on 1st November): "I believe this is a new product although not sure of the advantages until I have spoken with the rep. when I have these samples I will let you know."

My view is that they would be brilliant for when I work away from home - less to forget to pack in terms of the "no inserter" needed function.

Would be good to hear if there are any other advantages.

Alan

p.s. Hope this message doesn't breach any forum rules and that I don't get accused of hijacking the thread .... sorry if I have!

HI,

Many thanks x

Lou,

Sending you a PM with my mobile number in. Give me a call when you can and I'll do what I can to help.

Tom

Mind if I ask how you got the Medtronics ordering folk to send those out to you as I got refused point blank with a "You will have to contact your DSN to see if we can send the MIO sets to you - they might not be suitable and we don't want to waste them".

DSN lady has just answered my second EMail asking for a couple of trial sets, (first EMail sent on 1st November): "I believe this is a new product although not sure of the advantages until I have spoken with the rep. when I have these samples I will let you know."

My view is that they would be brilliant for when I work away from home - less to forget to pack in terms of the "no inserter" needed function.

Alan

p.s. Hope this message doesn't breach any forum rules and that I don't get accused of hijacking the thread .... sorry if I have!

Hi,

I got my first lot of mio's delivered last week as before I was on the quickset. I didn't have any problems, I just quoted the MMT number for the mio's and no questions were asked.

Hope you get things sorted soon,

Andy

Alan

Just ring them back and say the ones you are using have been kinking and you have been told to give mio's a try. Say you only want 1 box in case they are not suitable and quote the MMT number. Dont be put off - I dont understand why people are being told no.😱🙂Bev

Oh my god guys- just logged in but thank you so much Tom and Bev for offering up your numbers, you are so, so kind.

I feel sooooooo stupid! Do you know what I did? I mistook the cover over the canula for actually being the cannula........yes, I know, how thick? And I thought the needle was too short, no wonder I was failing I was inserting the needle with the cover on!

So, it's in. I found the disconnect from the site tricky. TBH, the system was fiddly but I am sure that like the whole was the very time I did it will get second nature. Its a small amount of sticky compared to the quickset still in the other side of my belly, does that cause a problem for anyone?

On the question raised earlier about actually getting the Mios, I simply put in an online order for them, no questions asked. The MMTs are online. Have a look at the medtronic online ordering system as there isnt a wise choice of line lengths v's cannula length v's colours so they may not have what you want.

Thanks again guys- I hold my hands up, I had a small wobble there! Really good of you to help me out xx

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL....................................:D:D:D🙂Bev

Im glad that tickles you!

You have to give me the benefit of the doubt- its very UNLIKE the blue cover on the quickset which nearly takes your eye out!

Im glad that tickles you!

You have to give me the benefit of the doubt- its very UNLIKE the blue cover on the quickset which nearly takes your eye out!

Spade...hole....dig.....I cant wait to tell Alex.....HA HA HA HA HA LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL HA HA HA HA HA LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL.:D:D🙂Bev

Wind yer neck in! 🙂 (said in my very best sarf london accent!)

On a different note, finding the disconnecting it a bit of a pain. Do you have that problem? Its not as quick release as the quickset.

....in the last 24 hours the quickset looks extremely old fashioned!

I wont even try to reply in your common accent Louise - how rude....😱

At first we did think the connection was a bit more tricky - but you do get used to it Lou. What we did find was that from day one Alex needed less insulin as he was having lots of hypo's - it could have been coincidence though. Alex likes the canula part as its smaller and the quick sets do look a bit dated dont they. I like the insertion all in one - I dont like the waste. I do like the fact that you only have to take the pouch out and nothing else too.

I told Alex about your stupid behaviour ( I mean mis-hap) this morning and he just grinned and shook his head....every time I think of it I smile Lou....sorry.😉:D🙂Bev

I have the giggles again Lou

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA:D:D:D:DbEV

Have you started heavy drinking?! 🙂🙂🙂🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back