Minor ailment? The NHS says ask your pharmacist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
The NHS is urging patients across Cornwall to make the most of their local chemist during 'Ask Your Pharmacist' week.

The campaign to raise awareness is running from November 5 to November 12 to highlight the wide range of additional services available from pharmacists.

They can offer free expert advice on a wide range of health issues, support for self-care and medicines to treat common complaints such as coughs and colds, flu, sore throats, earache, backache, stomach upsets and cuts and grazes.

http://www.thisisthewestcountry.co....r_ailment__The_NHS_says_ask_your_pharmacist_/

Yeah, right - my pharmacist probably has even less time than the doctor to discuss problems 🙄

Mine always has, even when he hasn't IYSWIM. He even asked me to give a Uni Graduate trainee (or she may have been 'nearly grad') a swift intro into Pumping!

I was actually in a desperate rush, but what the hell, if more people took that extra trouble, we'd all be in less of it wouldn't we!

Mine's pretty good. He always seems to have a minute to discuss any issues with meds. Not that I have to ask often, but when I had issues with the Byetta pens, he was a great help. I had one start leaking, it had been in my bag but not in a pack or anything and had been bumped which cracked the plastic. I had to go out and buy a pack to carry it in, I still use it for my kit now. As a side note, the Victoza ones seem to be far more sturdily constructed.

He's a fount of knowledge on drug interactions as well and has helped me sort out what things are causing which side effects and why.

I did read on the net the other day that pharmacists were going to be given access to patients medical notes 😡 Over my dead body as far as I am concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back