mini breakthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.

bev

Relationship to Diabetes
Parent
Hi all,

Just thought i would share our mini breakthrough!

After months of trying different breakfast cereals and bread etc - and getting lots of spikes off them - we have found that 3 weetabix and 250ml milk is the only one that doesnt spike A - he is 10 two hours later - obviously still high - but he was at levels of 18 before we found this particular combination works best for him - also changed his ratio and it seems to work for this particular breakfast. We had tried this same ratio with other cereals - to no avail - so it just shows that even if your ratios are correct - it really does depend on the type of food!:DBev

Hi bev, thats great that you have found something that suits A.

I was just thinking that i havent seen you about for a few days? all ok?

Julie x

Nice work Bev, have you tried shredded wheat, I'm giving them ago now, seem to be good, I think there low GI that's why I went for them as opposed to wheetabix? But if you're only at 10 then that's good🙂

I've always liked Weetabix - in my case it really is a lifesaver! When I was a baby I had a lot of trouble keeping any food down and was very underweight - my mum discovered that weetabix was the only food I could keep down, so I might not be here without it! When my sister and I were little, we used to have them with butter spread on them - ever tried it?

Good to hear that your hard work is paying off bev - hopefully he likes them!🙂

I've always liked Weetabix - in my case it really is a lifesaver! When I was a baby I had a lot of trouble keeping any food down and was very underweight - my mum discovered that weetabix was the only food I could keep down, so I might not be here without it! When my sister and I were little, we used to have them with butter spread on them - ever tried it?

Good to hear that your hard work is paying off bev - hopefully he likes them!🙂

oh no! did they know why? When my brother was born he couldnt keep food down nd he had to have an operation, something in his stomach was too tight or something?!

oh no! did they know why? When my brother was born he couldnt keep food down nd he had to have an operation, something in his stomach was too tight or something?!

I'm not sure, but I think it was either a hiatus hernia, but something called 'GORD' - Gastro-oesophagal reflux disorder - sounds more likely as I did grow out of it. I found this page:

http://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/40000526/

Did your brother have what is medically described s projectile vomiting? SOunds similar to what my big boy had and then had an operation to sort out one of the sphincter muscles.

great news bev nice to see A now has something thats suits , well done x

Thats good news Bev , glad to see your hard work and determination has paid off :D🙂

Hi Bev...

Thats brilliant news about A...well done...to you both..🙂...Your hard work and determination has paid off....🙂

Heidi
xx🙂

PS....Hope you are all ok, and enjoying the summer holidays...🙂

I like my weetabix at the moment, have 2 for breakfast, have to be warm though.
Most people find breakfast cereals tricky, I had frosties yesterday as i was at the in-laws and they were yummy but put me up to 9.1 so not a good idea every day

Before I reduced my Carbs I used to have Corn Flakes or Shredded Wheat , Bran Flakes and Granary Toast , I never seemed to have a spike with any of those :confused: Hmm that was before my Honeymoon came to an abrupt halt though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back