Milk shake Diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

WendyB61

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Can anyone recommend a milk shake diet suitable for type 2 not on any meds at the moment

I haven't tried them yet but I was looking at these two brands for myself.🙂

I have tried Exante, Asda's own brand and slimfast. Exante taste nicest, mix with water and you can get low sugar, vegan and some cracking flavours.

I haven't tried them yet but I was looking at these two brands for myself.🙂

You’re Type 1? I think you’re on insulin and fixed doses? The diet shakes are more a Type 2 thing, but mainly if you’re on insulin you need to beware of hypos especially if you’re on fixed doses.

You’re Type 1? I think you’re on insulin and fixed doses? The diet shakes are more a Type 2 thing, but mainly if you’re on insulin you need to beware of hypos especially if you’re on fixed doses.
I haven't been given a type yet. :(

The hospital keep treating me as if I have T1 and T2. So I have insulin twice a day but also have to restrict carbs. It's all really confusing because I get conflicting information from one nurse to the next.

That sounds rubbish @Jacen017 :( I hope you get a definite answer soon.

Whatever type you are, the advice about avoiding hypos stands. On fixed doses you should aim to eat basically the same amount of carbs each day.

That sounds rubbish @Jacen017 :( I hope you get a definite answer soon.

Whatever type you are, the advice about avoiding hypos stands. On fixed doses you should aim to eat basically the same amount of carbs each day.
It really is. I just want to know so I can make sure I'm doing the right things.🙄

I'm sticking to around 90g and have been told I can adjust the insulin dose up or down about 2 units if I need.

I've only had two hypo so far. Once after I took a nice hot bath - I didn't realise that could drop BG so fast. And once when I forgot to eat lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back