Mildenhall diabetic died after using ‘unorthodox’ way to work out insulin dose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
An insulin overdose may have killed woman who managed her diabetes ‘idiosyncratically’, an inquest has heard.

Karen Woodbridge, 52, was found in a coma in bed at her home in St John’s Close, Mildenhall, on June 13 last year.

She was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, but after a scan confirmed that she could not survive the damage caused to her brain, her life support was switched off on June 18.

Today at an inquest Bury St Edmunds was told that police had ruled out the involvement of anyone else in her death.

http://www.buryfreepress.co.uk/news...thodox-way-to-work-out-insulin-dose-1-6225419

What?? What 'unorthodox' way? :confused: Chicken entrails? Tea leaves?

That's the Bury Free Press for you. Likes to keep you guessing!

I never heard of EASY T1 Diabetes, they mention hard Diabetes to control. Poor Lady, I notice it was in june, could have been a hypo & weather. Not going to think to much ?

I think it sounds like a load of rubbish. I guess just saying that she might have made a one-off mistake with her dose, or that the weather might have affected her, doesn't sound interesting enough! Sorry for the poor lady and her family though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back