Migraines and diabetes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazey59

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Docsue threads do amble as with any conversation, and we keep a watch for the situation @Robin has described so aptly (I shall be watching for an orange nose thread now)

On rare occasions a thread will go completely off topic and leave the original poster with nor responses to their original query. If that happens to one of yours just report it and the mods can separate it off.
hi, only recently joined this forum so still finding my way around. I know you have posts that mention migraine but can you tell me if there is thread with the title of Migraine or Migraine a diabetes as its a topic very dear to my heart and i would like to read.others.experiences in the.one place, and post some.questions...

hi, only recently joined this forum so still finding my way around. I know you have posts that mention migraine but can you tell me if there is thread with the title of Migraine or Migraine a diabetes as its a topic very dear to my heart and i would like to read.others.experiences in the.one place, and post some.questions...
You can use the Search function at the top right of every page to search for the word "Migraine" in the subject title.

This will find these threads: https://forum.diabetes.org.uk/boards/search/149369/?q=Migraine&c[title_only]=1&o=date

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-13 at 15.57.30.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-13 at 15.57.30.png
    78.1 KB · Views: 1
I guess you didn't tick the "Subject titles only" box?
. I didn't, but I noticed a thread I replied to was missing.

morning migraines gone by mid morning

The search function is very tight, it won't find fragments, eg
"migraine" in migraines is excluded.

It will find it in an all search though.

Recently diagnosed Type 1 LADA so can really go off topic but would rather find information or someone who can relate to what I am going through now, especially as I seem to be dealing with this on my own at the moment and unsure who should be supporting me

Recently diagnosed Type 1 LADA so can really go off topic but would rather find information or someone who can relate to what I am going through now, especially as I seem to be dealing with this on my own at the moment and unsure who should be supporting me
Hi Donerg I’ve suffered from chronic silent migraines for the past four years. Prior to that I only had a occasional migraines with aura. Due to my symptoms being unusual ie no head pain, I was referred to a neurologist. However I know that a lot of people with migraine pain are also referred to neurologists. Others are supported by their GP. My migraines and Type 1 diabetes are dealt with independently of each other by the medical profession which I thik is normal. Is there anyway I can help you?

I suffered chronic migraines from my mid teens all the way through to my late 40s.
Post T2 diagnosis I began low carb, weight loss & exercise, I've had one single episode in the past 3 years

Hi Donerg I’ve suffered from chronic silent migraines for the past four years. Prior to that I only had a occasional migraines with aura. Due to my symptoms being unusual ie no head pain, I was referred to a neurologist. However I know that a lot of people with migraine pain are also referred to neurologists. Others are supported by their GP. My migraines and Type 1 diabetes are dealt with independently of each other by the medical profession which I thik is normal. Is there anyway I can help you?
Hi AJ, what I thought for so many years was headaches/migraines I have now discovered are not what I thought they were now that my diabetes has been identified. I am not certain if you can help me as these sensations start when my blood sugars rise or fall suddenly, which at the moment was all the time. I do not feel faint or woozy therefore that is why I mistook them for the start of migraines.

Hi I have migraines that neurologist has attributed to my diabetes and a mri has apparently confirmed this, waiting to go to clinic on 3rd re them and see if can get any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back