Michelle Obama Says Drinking Water is a Good Thing ? Americans Get Outraged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Some things in life are understandably controversial and evoke a wide range of emotions. Religion, taxes, even sports can bring about passionate arguments among average Americans.
Drinking water should not be one of these ?controversial? topics.
But apparently if Michelle Obama endorses it, that immediately makes it controversial.

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/...water-is-a-good-thing-americans-get-outraged/

Those crazy Yanks! 😱 😉

One or two nonentities are outraged, hopefully the American public are a bit more neutral!

But I do wish politicians' spouses would keep out of it, no matter how nice they are, they weren't the ones elected so they shouldn't really comment publicly on anything.

One or two nonentities are outraged, hopefully the American public are a bit more neutral!

But I do wish politicians' spouses would keep out of it, no matter how nice they are, they weren't the ones elected so they shouldn't really comment publicly on anything.

I think that, from much of the stuff I have read, such views are readily supported by a large section of the US population :( It's only really since I started using Facebook more, with many US FB friends, that I've realised just how extreme and blind opposition can be to anything an Obama (or Democrats generally) says. Also, I think the First Lady is traditionally more vocal and politically involved than our Prime Ministerial spouses (e.g. Hillary Clinton, Barbara Bush, Michelle Obama - OK, we did have Cherie Blair! 😱)

Well if someone gets asked to comment on summat they actually have a view about, then they'll comment whether it's me or Michelle Obama.

Especially on summat as non-controversial as drinking water LOL

She is both a wife and a mother, the whole family appears to look healthy - you could expect she'd have some views on what to eat and drink, couldn't you!

Nobody though is going to ask me or publish the facts that IMHO liver and kidneys are wonderful to eat and that porridge is the work of the devil - are they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back