Metformin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin9

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all, have been doing reasonably well with diet, increased exercise and Metformin , with few or no side effects, but recently I’m having more gastro intestinal symptoms, I’m considering asking for a slow release version of Metformin , of the different versions of these, is there one that’s considered better and least likely to cause GI disturbance ?..
Thanks for any answers...

I’d also be interested to hear about this @Martin9 i take 2 tablets twice a day and have been ok in general, but a few occasions when I have been working I’ve had a bit of an issue where I have been grateful there was no one else in the ladies 😳 it’s not exactly the kind of thing you want to explain! I live alone so it’s not a huge deal but to be honest, some nights I would be mortified if anyone knocked on my door :confused: I know the metformin has helped me so I’d be reluctant to give it up.

I take Glucophage SR, 2 x 750 with my evening meal. I was on the generic metformin at first and it was terrible, I do have gastric problems anyways because of all the surgery I have had, and this one and dose is fine. I can’t take anymore though, that’s the max I can tolerate.

I've had a few different makes of Metformin SR over the years and not had any problems with any of them.

Only used one brand of the slow release version as the doc specified which one to go on on the repeat. The SR version is far better than the standard one, I can't comment if there's any difference between brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back