metformin

Status
Not open for further replies.

crewy

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
iam takeing metformin and have the feeling i want to be sick all the time and a gut ache ive only been takeing it for 4 weeks does this feeling go away after a while our is there another medicane you can take

Hi Crewy, I don't take metformin but I know others have reported that the side-effects can wear off. If they persist though, there is a slow-release version which is often better tolerated. I think it's called Glucophage SR. More expensive than ordinary metformin, which is why the tablets are prescribed first.

hey crewy the side effects should subside but if its really too much go back to GP ...i was initally put on 2xday but it was reduced after 4 months cos i was looking and feeling terrible..good luck

The side effects of metformin do subside after a while. I always find if I don't eat or have too many carbs and sugars I also get an upset tummy. If it doesn't subside or is too uncomfrotable go see your doctor as there are other things you can take.

hi crewy i think many of us have all had the side effects off the metformin well those of us tha were prescribed as been said alreeady give it 2 weeks max and things should settle

I must be a robot, lol, have had no side effects at all from the Metformin - is it something I can look forward to, or is it a case of if I haven't had them yet, I'm in the clear?

xx

I must be a robot, lol,

PMSLLLLL :D:D i cant say you will never get any side effects but it does seem to me that from what i see in hear alot of us to seem to suffer the tummy troubles, count yourself lucky Helen you may have escaped them x

I must be a robot, lol, have had no side effects at all from the Metformin - is it something I can look forward to, or is it a case of if I haven't had them yet, I'm in the clear?

xx

Lucky you. I still get tummy troubles sometimes and could easily reproduce the bean eating scene from Blazing Saddles all by myself!

Lucky you. I still get tummy troubles sometimes and could easily reproduce the bean eating scene from Blazing Saddles all by myself!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaah you made my day with that one alison !!

1234070.gif

you just made my sides hurt pmslll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back