Metformin

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansaribiotech

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
He/They
I have diagnosed type2 DM, one month before my HBA1C LEVEL 14% After took medication, balanced diet food (low carbs), & exercise, R my sugar level normal with regular monitoring, also received metformin 2 times daily ,My question can i reduce my medication once in a day? suggest & share your valuable feedback... Thank you

I have diagnosed type2 DM, one month before my HBA1C LEVEL 14% After took medication, balanced diet food (low carbs), & exercise, R my sugar level normal with regular monitoring, also received metformin 2 times daily ,My question can i reduce my medication once in a day? suggest & share your valuable feedback... Thank you
No one on the forum can answer your question. You need to talk to your GP or DN.

I can, sort of, answer your question through personal experience.

About six months after my diagnosis, I decided to stop taking metformin for two reasons. First, my bg readings were always in the normal range and, second, I was losing energy on my daily walk (which may or may not have been due to the metformin).

Anyhow, I told my GP of my action and he agreed. I remained diet and exercise controlled for several years very successfully. But I am now back on the meds since my Glucose levels have been on the up again.

My 1000mg of Metformin was reduced to 500mg after 3 months. Hba1c remained in the 30s.
That was almost 2.5 years ago and it's bounced around in the 30 since. My surgery recently realised I was still taking 500mg and told me to stop it to 'see what happens'.

So far I think it's a little bit higher (It's been a month)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back