Metformin

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevin mckenzie

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
GP as taken me of metformin,as I have been struggling with IBS stomach pains,pains have now stopped,but blood sugars have gone up. Back to doctors next week.
Is there a alternative to metformin

Metformin is just one of many medications for \type 2 Diabetes. Metformin is just the first line medication for most.

They may try a sulfonylurea like Gliclazide (triggers the beta cells to produce more insulin) or a flozin (makes you pee out excess glucose) There are a few other types as well. Metformin is usually used first because it has a moderate lowering effect and sister from the digestive problems some people experience, but many other side effects.

How much have they gone up by?

Did you try the slow release version of metformin? Or what did your doctor say to do? There’s hundreds of not thousands of diabetes medications.

Did you try the slow release version of metformin? Or what did your doctor say to do? There’s hundreds of not thousands of diabetes medications.
On slow release metformin not sure what there going to give me next
Got phone GP next week

Not sure why high tonight normally after meal about 9.5/10
What did you have for your meal and did you check your reading as that is usually advisable if it is unexpectedly high.
If it is usually 9.5-10 2 hours post meal then that is really higher than you want to be so having a look at your diet would be worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back