Metformin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started taking my metformin today. 500mg once a day fir a week then twice a day. A bit worried but hoping it'll be gone n the side effects are minimal.
Positive
Hope it went ok for you! If you do have problems you could ask your doctor for the slow release version instead. I’m actually starting on those (metformin sr) today, so hoping I won’t have any issues with them.

Best of luck @dolphin35. I was lucky...had a bit of a dodgy tum for a couple of weeks but it soon settled down. Hope you do ok as well @Sussexmax 🙂

Hope it went ok for you! If you do have problems you could ask your doctor for the slow release version instead. I’m actually starting on those (metformin sr) today, so hoping I won’t have any issues with them.
I really hope you don't. I've had a bit of a bad stomach and diarrhoea unfortunately. Hope it settles down cos I don't feel like eating

Best of luck @dolphin35. I was lucky...had a bit of a dodgy tum for a couple of weeks but it soon settled down. Hope you do ok as well @Sussexmax 🙂
I've got a dodgy stomach unfortunately but I don't feel like eating . Glad you said it settles down. I'm only on 500mg at the minute and then after 7 days I go up to 1000mg I'm hoping that doesn't make me worse

I really hope you don't. I've had a bit of a bad stomach and diarrhoea unfortunately. Hope it settles down cos I don't feel like eating
Aww sorry to hear that, hope it settles down quickly- especially if it’s putting you off eating. Thankfully I haven’t had d and v issues with the slow release version (so far!), although I can feel a really weird gurgling in my stomach, particularly when I’m eating! I’ve put it down to the metformin because I’ve never felt it before. I’m trying to tell myself that it must be because it’s doing me some good!! If your issues continue it might be worth speaking to your diabetic nurse or the GP and ask them to switch you to the slow release version. Fingers crossed it gets better in a day or two…

I've got a dodgy stomach unfortunately but I don't feel like eating . Glad you said it settles down. I'm only on 500mg at the minute and then after 7 days I go up to 1000mg I'm hoping that doesn't make me worse
I would check with your nurse/GP whether it is wise to increase the dose if you still have a dodgy stomach or ask for slow release version if they are not already.
Do try to eat something to take your medication with as that is supposed to help with the stomach issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back