Metformin sugar free sachets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diane56

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Pronouns
She/Her
Hello, I am really struggling to get metformin sugar free sachets and is anyone else experiencing the same please. My GP did prescribe the liquid, but it will only last 15 days and I need to order another prescription and any advice please and thanks

Have you tried a different pharmacy?

I have tried all the pharmacies where I live and all say out of stock and just wondered if anyone else was having the same problem

I have tried all the pharmacies where I live and all say out of stock and just wondered if anyone else was having the same problem
I only remember 1 other person taking metformin who is not taking tablets and I think it was liquid they were taking.

I’d ask the pharmacy what they advise then, eg ask if normal metformin tablets can be crushed etc

I have checked you can't I believe crush or chew metformin tablets and the liquid is more expensive and the GP may refuse to prescribe it again but I may have to try.

Very few people seem to be prescribed either the sacets or liquid. Though we do seem to have the occasional post like yours with difficulty obtaining.

I’d ask the pharmacy what they advise then, eg ask if normal metformin tablets can be crushed etc
On another forum I was on somebody was crushing slow release metformin which is definitely not advisable. Normal ones are probably ok but best to check with the pharmacy. They might not dissolve all that well and leave gritty bits.

I have checked you can't I believe crush or chew metformin tablets and the liquid is more expensive and the GP may refuse to prescribe it again but I may have to try.
You can crush standard metformin just not slow release but ask the pharmacist for advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back