Metformin & hair loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juliasusan

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
Hi all. Has anyone experienced this? ⬆️
I am losing a fair amount of hair, especially when I brush, but always finding hair on my clothes during the day. It’s not clumps, just individual hairs. It seems to be happening since I started Metformin 4 months ago. I do also take a few other meds for BP, UAT,HRT & Statins, so it may just be a combination of all of the drugs together. I don’t mind losing some hair, I’ve got a lot of it but my hairdresser commented today when she first brushed it after washing it.
My diet has also changed a lot since diagnosis and I’ve lost a lot of weight and so it maybe something I’m lacking in my diet? Any ideas or experiences would be greatly appreciated

Get your thyroid gland health checked out (simple blood test) - prime candidate for causing hair loss is hypothyroidism.

Hi all. Has anyone experienced this? ⬆️
I am losing a fair amount of hair, especially when I brush, but always finding hair on my clothes during the day. It’s not clumps, just individual hairs. It seems to be happening since I started Metformin 4 months ago. I do also take a few other meds for BP, UAT,HRT & Statins, so it may just be a combination of all of the drugs together. I don’t mind losing some hair, I’ve got a lot of it but my hairdresser commented today when she first brushed it after washing it.
My diet has also changed a lot since diagnosis and I’ve lost a lot of weight and so it maybe something I’m lacking in my diet? Any ideas or experiences would be greatly appreciated
My ex husband said he started to notice his hair was thinning after starting metformin and also a metallic taste which made some foods taste unpleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back