Metformin Could Increase Human Lifespan To 120 Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northerner

Admin (Retired)
Relationship to Diabetes
Type 1
Medical researchers say that the drug metformin, used for treating type 2 diabetes, could become the world’s first anti-aging drug that enables adults to live well beyond 120 years. According to experts, the drug could extend healthy life and lifespan, and stave off illnesses associated with aging, such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.

Scientists hope that metformin, the world’s most widely-used diabetes drug, could be the best candidate for an anti-aging drug because tests conducted using animals demonstrated the ability of the drug to slow down the aging process.

Metformin, which suppresses glucose production in the liver and increases sensitivity to insulin, has been used for more than six decades to treat type 2 diabetes and is considered a safe drug for humans.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2599362/diabetes-drug-metformin-could-increase-human-lifespan-to-120-years/

Knowing the reputation of Metfartin.
Will this make me live to 120?.....No, but it'll just seem like it.

I think they should look into the environmental costs first... I mean, all that methane! o_O

I wonder what the next claim will be for Metformin, they seem to be new ones every few months.

It gives you wings. You heard it here first, the first human takes flight....

Hands up anyone who actually wants to live until they are 120. Not me for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back