metformin Chrystal's

Status
Not open for further replies.

pat1953

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
hi has anyone used metformin chystals instead of tablets i have just been prescribed them as tablets go straight through me because of i b s. i am worried about taking them as when i first took metformin the side effects where very bad till i went on s r which are fine but not working very well on my glucose level which has only gone down from 6.6 to 6.5 in 3 months thanks for reading this, pat.

hi has anyone used metformin chystals instead of tablets i have just been prescribed them as tablets go straight through me because of i b s. i am worried about taking them as when i first took metformin the side effects where very bad till i went on s r which are fine but not working very well on my glucose level which has only gone down from 6.6 to 6.5 in 3 months thanks for reading this, pat.

have never heard of metformin crystals... I can't take the ordinary metformin so take the slow release which are better, but my consultant inreased them to 6 a day and I couldn't take them so have dropped it down to 5 now.. sorry can't be of any help..

Hi ...

I have heard of them ... is it metformin powder sachets ...that you have to put in a drink ... I also believe a syrup is also available .. the only reason I know is that it was mentioned to me when Nathan was prescribed metformin for insulin resistance ... he at the time wouldnt take tablets ... however he will now..

Heidi
xx🙂

New one on me too. I'm on the slow release version because I couldn't tolerate the normal stuff.

metformin

thanks for all replies so far you are all so kind to pass on your comments, yes they are called metformin powder sachets and you mix them with water. thanks pat.

They're fairly newly licensed, put it this way, they're not in my BNF from last year but they are in the latest. Some people on this forum alerted me to them (what it you Copepod?) coz i didn't used to think they exsisted. They must be quite rare, i'm not sure i've ever seen any. They might be more expensive and harder to get hold of than the liquid.
Oh and well done Nathan, i used to have trouble swallowing even the regular sized metformins. And i really admire those people who manage to swallow Glucophage, those things are huge!

Rachel

I haven't heard of Metformin Crystals, so haven't a clue how to use them.

6.6 and 6.5 are not too bad, they are below 7 and above 4 which is considered goo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back