Metformin and wind

Status
Not open for further replies.

SacrificedSin87

Relationship to Diabetes
Steroid Induced Diabetes
I started Metformin and my goodness! I’ve always had issues with gas due to having Crohn’s disease, it can made worse by certain foods. But since the metformin, it’s been embarrassing as I’ve been popping them off so much more. Fortunately my partner finds them amusing.

Hello @SacrificedSin87

The thread you added to was over a decade old, so I’ve taken the liberty of splitting your post into a new thread in case members get confused and reply to earlier posters who no longer frequent the forum 🙂

Thanks, I’m sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

Not at all! The mods are happy to split threads or posts away if it seems worthwhile.

Sometimes old threads just keep rolling on, but other times when a long-dormant post gets ‘resurrected‘ other members may not notice, and can reply to the original poster (who may no longer visit the forum).

Post away wherever you like, and the mods can tidy up where necessary 🙂

Greetings @SacrificedSin87

I've suffered similarly taking a medication which has been nicknamed 'Metfartin'.

One possible answer if this problem becomes very concerning is to ask for the Slow Release version of the drug.

I hope this helps.

I've suffered similarly taking a medication which has been nicknamed 'Metfartin'.

One possible answer if this problem becomes very concerning is to ask for the Slow Release version of the drug.

I hope this helps.
Metfartin! I love it! I’m on the slow release version but I’m just thinking my gut may be on the delicate side sometimes. I wonder why it does it though.

Metfartin! I love it! I’m on the slow release version but I’m just thinking my gut may be on the delicate side sometimes. I wonder why it does it though.
My digestion has always been good until I was prescribed Metformin and Atorvastatin.
I only managed to take two in a day on two occasions, the rest of the time was on just one, but I was explosively incontinent, my insides seemed to be tying themselves in knots, I could hardly walk due to the pains in my joints and muscles I became very depressed to the point of considering suicide, and my memory and ability to function normally were affected.
After I threw away the tablets it was quite some time before I recovered from the effects, but I do wonder how many people are in nursing homes being carefully medicated every day

It could be your gut bacterial balance has been disrupted with the medication so may be worth trying probiotic yoghurts or you can get capsules of probiotics to try to restore the balance.

Was I the only one sniggering at the back at the mention of slow release on a thread about flatulence? :D

I hope this helps.
Brilliant. Humour always helps. Did you switch to slow release? Did it really help with wind? Any other differences?

Someone else with steroid induced diabetes...there don't seem to be many of us around. We seem to fall somewhere between T1 & T2. It would be interesting to hear things that have helped you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back