Meters and Lancet devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilac_Rainbow

Relationship to Diabetes
Type 2
My daughter has been given a 'MyLife Pura' test meter and accompanying lancet device. She LOVES it as a the lancet device is really soft and gentle (which was why her diabetic nurse gave it to her as she was struggling with her old meter).

However our Doctors surgery is really struggling with it, as they 'don't have it on their system' and are having to hand write prescriptions and so every time so far totally messing up how many she needs etc. The local pharmacy have also had to order in her prescription twice.

Is anybody else on this meter or a unusual one? Are you having problems getting your prescriptions or anything?

Does anybody else think their meter is the best thing since sliced bread and if so why?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I hope the doctors surgery gets the prescription for lancets and test strips sorted out. It's too important to keep getting wrong. If they keep messing it, can you go back to the nurse and ask her for help?

I know there are one or two forum users who have had problems getting the bits they need for meters, but I am sure they will be along before too long.

My meters (one at home, one in my bag, one in my desk drawer at work0 are all one touch ultra easy 2. I was given the original on my education day not long after I was diagnosed and I have just got used to using it. Even shown hubby and son how it works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back